• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hoopeston Illinois, home of the Cornjerkers! :crazy:

About 50 miles from Champaign.

120 miles south of Chicago and 5 miles west of the Indiana state line.

We used to have two stop lights, but they took them out. I think we are in the running for the "Armpit of the Midwest Award" again this year! :cheers::fume:

• 3 weeks later...

Another representative of the far Northwest Chicago burbs here. I live in Huntley, IL but I was born and raised in Southern Illinois. Huntley is one area that has a lot of new home construction in it but there is still a lot of farm land, ah home sweet home.

Does being stationed there for three years and wanting to come back after completing my service count, even if I'm currently officially a WV resident and physically a NC resident? :chevy:

I was stationed at the Naval Training Center Great Lakes from 2001 until 2004, and lived in Lake Zurich (northwest of Chicago, near a lot of other places mentioned in this topic so far). I'd like to move back there when I finish my 20+ years. I'm on my way to 15 right now, so we have a few years to go. Hopefully I can afford it by then since property values / prices seem to be on a constant climb.

Wow, I think this foreum has proven that most anyone from the state of Illinois drives GM trucks. That explains why you don't find many broken down trucks along the Illinois Highways (70, 55, 90, 57, 94, 39...).

So now it looks as though we should have a perfect finish to this round-up in the near future; may I suggest a great "watering Hole" in Peoria (hmmm...Big Al's)?

Anyone? :cheers:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.