Bluetooth And/or Onstar Vcim Exchange

Contacted On* again today and they set me up for free On* for 3 months. Gave them my VIN # and personal contact info to set up an On* account, On* said it may take 24hrs for all chanes to take. As of now, I still have a 500-791-XXXX as my phone number but the LED is green again. I will see what happens over the next couple days and I may contact them again to see if all is well if the phone # doesn't change.

Hopefully after 24hrs I will have a new phone number, but I get the feeling that On* is content that my system is working properly now! I am content since I have BT and it functions great with both our cell phones!

My friend had a call from XM and they wanted her to sign up again now her free trial period is over. She declined the $9.99 a month, they re-offered $6.99 and she again declined. They called her back with a third offer... she has XM for $3.99 a month!!!!

Well... I guess they CAN do a lower price if you are wanting it!!!

• 2 months later...
If Ford and Dodge can offer basic standard options such as bluetooth and heated tail gates, why won't GM offer them as well, even if not everyone needs them!

John;

The heated tail gates on the Dodge is to keep your hands warm when you are pushing them......

• 2 years later...

OK so i see everyone is chiming in on this category/topic/thread. I have a 2009 Silverado EXC 1LT. did not come with navi or any upscale options. so i have added stereo controls(althought not sure truck keeps popping a 10amp fuse in the ign/cruise slot #43). and i added navigation. from gregg at CPS. ok now to this current add on. I purchased a 2010 Traverse VCIM (part #20829984 w/ antenna) and installed it. currently i have a RED light and my DroidX is showing "paired but not connect" PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME.lol

• 2 months later...

I just bought the Scosche Bluefusion for $15 on Amazon. I've got a 2007 Sierra SLE with OnStar, XM Radio, and steering wheel controls. Everyone is saying it is a 5 minute install, but I haven't tried yet. Now it appears that everyone is saying I have to replace a "VCIM" part too? Is this true?

Archived