How To Remove Dash Stereo Panel

I have searched and searched an I KNOW I have seen a post with a video link showing how to remove the panel/cover from around the stereo in a newer Silverado but I can't find it anymore! I have read soooo much on this forum, I know I hve read/seen the video, but now I can't find it again!

Does anyone have the link for this short demo video?

Tks

for the higher end dash? (your LTZ?)

I removed mine (GMC SLT, the LTZ equivilent). I used a sharp pocket knife and a flathead screwdriver. I started at the upper left side, use the knife to get between and under the panel, just enough to see the closest clip, slide the screwdriver in to contact the clip and use it to pry the bezel away, then work your way down and around.

If you've never pulled dash pieces before you'll cringe and think something is wrong, but it's actually quite violent and will sound like you are breaking it.

If your's is the brushed aluminum panel and something goes wrong I have a spare available, I switched to the wood grain

I can't get to it at the moment to confirm this as being the correct link but try http://gmgeek.com/2007_Chevy_GMC_Radio_Bez...oval_video.html

I just removed mine as well. I found that some of those clear suction cups worked good to pull out on the dash enough to get a tool behind it. My bezel fit really close to the surround and I was afraid that just trying to stick something in there to pry with would mess up the dash. With the suction cups stuck to the bezel you can pull straight out on the bezel.

John

I have the work truck, so the dash is slightly different. I started at the top right and just pulled till the first clip came loose, then worked my way around. On my truck there is a lip on the bottom of the bezel and you need to tilt the top out to get the bottom to clear the lip. It was trickier to put back because the angles where the bezel meets the gauge cluster. I had to get the bottom started first because of the lip but needed to get the left side of the bezel behind the gauges.

Archived