Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

motoman59

Trailer Light Connector Not Working

My trailer electrical connector (7pin) suddenly stopped working with no power to any of the trailer lighting. This is a 2003 Silverado extra cab short bed. I have looked at all fuses related to the trailer harness in all fuse panels. I can't find one that controls the whole unit. This is dire. Need to tow my boat! Fishing is here!!!

Any help would be great!

My trailer electrical connector (7pin) suddenly stopped working with no power to any of the trailer lighting. This is a 2003 Silverado extra cab short bed. I have looked at all fuses related to the trailer harness in all fuse panels. I can't find one that controls the whole unit. This is dire. Need to tow my boat! Fishing is here!!!

Any help would be great!

If you've lost all lights (park, left/right blinkers, stop) at your plug I'd start looking for a damaged/loose ground. Have you checked anything w/ a multimeter? Are you sure it's not your trailer?

I was checking the truck side to find a hot lead to connect the cap dome light with a test light. I must have shorted something. I fiqured I blew a fuse. I checked every fuse (all good) and everything in the manual related to trailer connector. Trailer is working. I cant find anything wrong other than I have no power or lights working at the connector. The under dash fuse/relay panel that is supposed have a relay or connector of some kind has nothing in the place where the schematic show it to be.

I was checking the truck side to find a hot lead to connect the cap dome light with a test light. I must have shorted something. I fiqured I blew a fuse. I checked every fuse (all good) and everything in the manual related to trailer connector. Trailer is working. I cant find anything wrong other than I have no power or lights working at the connector. The under dash fuse/relay panel that is supposed have a relay or connector of some kind has nothing in the place where the schematic show it to be.

Do you remember what pin you were checking? There is nothing common to all the lights that go to the trailer plug except the ground. There has to be more to the story....lol.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.