Trying to add an after-market sub to my 2007 GMC Denali Bose stereo with NAV. Heres what I've discovered so far. Tapped into the rear speakers after the Bose amplifier with an LOC, then from there ran the signal cables to my after-market amp. Found bass from after-market sub was not producing what it should be, must be a weak signal going into the LOC....

Next I tried tapping into the radio output signal that is before the amplifier by splicing in the RCA cables, bass sound was fantastic, the only issue is that the Bose radio doesn't seem to control the volume of the music through the output signal wires going to the amp (the volume of the music must be controlled by the amp from a separate volume signal wire from the Bose radio)?!? I know wiring it this way works on a newer Chevrolet stereo without NAV because I have done it before. So I can turn the volume knob on the radio all the way down and the bass volume from my after-market setup will stay the same(This will not work)...

I would try tapping the LOC to the factory sub output from the Bose amplifier but I hear that it peaks the signal to the sub even if the volume of the stereo increases(so that you dont blow that tiny POS sub up...). I guess my next step is to try the LOC again but I will try to tap into the front speaker channel outputs after the Bose amplifier.

Has anyone done this successfully? Was the bass sound everything you had hoped for? Let me know your experiences...Better yet does anyone in this world possess a wiring diagram, Bose must keep that on lock down.....

Trying to add an after-market sub to my 2007 GMC Denali Bose stereo with NAV. Heres what I've discovered so far. Tapped into the rear speakers after the Bose amplifier with an LOC, then from there ran the signal cables to my after-market amp. Found bass from after-market sub was not producing what it should be, must be a weak signal going into the LOC....

Next I tried tapping into the radio output signal that is before the amplifier by splicing in the RCA cables, bass sound was fantastic, the only issue is that the Bose radio doesn't seem to control the volume of the music through the output signal wires going to the amp (the volume of the music must be controlled by the amp from a separate volume signal wire from the Bose radio)?!? I know wiring it this way works on a newer Chevrolet stereo without NAV because I have done it before. So I can turn the volume knob on the radio all the way down and the bass volume from my after-market setup will stay the same(This will not work)...

I would try tapping the LOC to the factory sub output from the Bose amplifier but I hear that it peaks the signal to the sub even if the volume of the stereo increases(so that you dont blow that tiny POS sub up...). I guess my next step is to try the LOC again but I will try to tap into the front speaker channel outputs after the Bose amplifier.

Has anyone done this successfully? Was the bass sound everything you had hoped for? Let me know your experiences...Better yet does anyone in this world possess a wiring diagram, Bose must keep that on lock down.....

I was thinking of doing the same thing here with my YD....but I am not sure how I was going to place the sub and how it would work.

Sorry..I'm not much help here...

I have an 07 Sierra with Bose and Navi, and I ended up purchasing the PAC Audio audio interface to add the amp (I think mine was AOEM-GM1416). It works perfectly and provides a very clean sound. It installs (via plug-n-play) between the radio and the amp. Hope this helps

if you buy a standard LOC (line output converter), you must tap in the LOC on the output side speaker wires of the factory Bose amp.

honestly, the best sounding way to do it is to buy a processor. whether its the JL Audio clean sweep, or other brands, those will be the best route (yet much more expensive) way to go.

I got it!!!!!

Forget the LOC, Forget the expensive processors, harnesses, adaptors....

I tapped my RCA cables right into the subwoofer speaker wires after the Bose amplifier!!! From there plugged them right into my aftermarket Amplifier RCA input.

The wire colors are L+ DarkBlue/White, L- LightGreen/Black, R+ DarkGreen, R- LightBlue/Black and they are the only wires in the plug. The plug is smaller and is located right under the cup holders in the centre console. The sound is perfect crisp, clear, loud bass!!!

I got it!!!!!

I tapped my RCA cables right into the subwoofer speaker wires after the Bose amplifier!!! From there plugged them right into my aftermarket Amplifier RCA input.

The wire colors are L+ DarkBlue/White, L- LightGreen/Black, R+ DarkGreen, R- LightBlue/Black and they are the only wires in the plug. The plug is smaller and is located right under the cup holders in the centre console. The sound is perfect crisp, clear, loud bass!!!

You basically did what the LOC is designed to do = change speaker wire into an RCA output to plug into an external amp.

I still prefer the processor, it sounds much better.

But good job.

I have an 07 Sierra with Bose and Navi, and I ended up purchasing the PAC Audio audio interface to add the amp (I think mine was AOEM-GM1416). It works perfectly and provides a very clean sound. It installs (via plug-n-play) between the radio and the amp. Hope this helps

Same here. I hooked it to an Alpine amp and a JL Stealthbox sub. Works great.

Same here. I hooked it to an Alpine amp and a JL Stealthbox sub. Works great.

Yup, this is exactly what you need if you do not go the processor route. You can also purchase one at Best Buy for around $25 bucks. the PAC interface is at places such as Car Toys if you have them in your area.

• 1 year later...

So, chazzmar you just clipped the ends off your rca cable and braided them together with a merret or something? Sorry if its a dumb question I'm just hesitant to cut wires on a new truck I'm trying to add an amp and sub to my factory nav bose setup? Thanks for all input

• 2 months later...
I got it!!!!!

You basically did what the LOC is designed to do = change speaker wire into an RCA output to plug into an external amp.

I still prefer the processor, it sounds much better.

But good job.

I have a 2011 GMC, stealthbox with 2 JL 10s, and Alpine amp in a crew cab. I have heard a bunch of stories but need someone that has been there and done it. PAC was mentioned and processor and converters and on and on. You say processor...Would a LC2i be concidered a processor? I am not worried about expence cause I want it right the first time. How/where did you route the wires from your cup holder or factory amp? Where did you mount your amp? How do you like your Stealthbox so far? Any help would be appreciated.

Archived