• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 NealC

NealC

Enthusiast

• 29 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 08:57 PM

Attached File  IMG_2268.JPG   228.84KB   127 downloads

I attached the picture of the power outlet that has the cover broken off. I have a replacement part but I am not sure how to replace it . With all of the snap on parts, I didn't want to brake something accidently. Anyone know now to replace the cover on the power outlet. Is there a way to replace it from the front side or do I need to get to it from the back side? Do the lower panels just pop off or will I break something just giving them a tug?

#2 NealC

NealC

Enthusiast

• 29 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 11:18 PM

I attached the picture of the power outlet that has the cover broken off. I have a replacement part but I am not sure how to replace it . With all of the snap on parts, I didn't want to brake something accidently. Anyone know now to replace the cover on the power outlet. Is there a way to replace it from the front side or do I need to get to it from the back side? Do the lower panels just pop off or will I break something just giving them a tug?

I found out the whole trim that contains the power outlets pops off. I disconnected the power first and then pushed the 2 tabs inside the power outlet in and the inner sleeve will slide out (forward). Next there are 2 tabs on the outside outlet (the part with the cover) behind the trim. Push those in and this piece can be removed, and in my case, replaced.

#3 TexasAl

TexasAl

Enthusiast

• 854 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 02:30 AM

You can remove the whole trim by simply pulling firmly on the trim.Then, follow Neal's directions. Good luck.

#4 NealC

NealC

Enthusiast

• 29 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 02:16 PM

While I was in there fixing the power outlet cover, I used the link below to run a relay to turn this power outlet on and off with the ignition switch (actually it is RAP so even when one turns off the vehicle, it will stay on until one opens the door).

http://www.gm-trucks...howtopic=109163

#5 nuskman

nuskman

Enthusiast

• 1 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 09:15 PM

Where did you order the replacement power outlet from? The same thing happened to my Silverado and I am having trouble finding a place to order the part from.

Thanks

#6 XPaClxix

XPaClxix

Enthusiast

• 4 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 07:26 AM

Does anyone know the part number for the power outlet? I found the cover as 25793816.

#7 Kenny M.

Kenny M.

Enthusiast

• 22 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 01:18 AM

http://www.trademoti...playCatalogid=0

#8 Combat_Vet

Combat_Vet

Enthusiast

• 80 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 11:55 AM

Yep, I'm next on the list to replace both of mine. My kids broke both of them off...
Kentucky CCDW, Police & Firearms Instructor
Licensed by the Kentucky Department of Criminal Justice Training (DOCJT)
US Army Retired Military Police Officer, Military Police Investigator and CID Special Agent

2009 GMC Sierra 2500HD Z71/SLE Crew Cab
There are 1 2009 P/UP K2500 CREW CAB vehicles (0.003%) matching your exact options list. There are 1 (0.003%) with at least as many options.
Posted Image

#9 bluecollarpilot

bluecollarpilot

Enthusiast

• 34 posts
  • Drives:2009 GMC Sierra 1500 Z71

Posted 13 December 2011 - 12:22 PM

It's a miracle mine are still on, with 3 kids=6 feet, but I'm sure I'll be in the same boat eventually. Thanks for the post.

Posted Image

#10 TurnDriverSide

TurnDriverSide

Enthusiast

• 7 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:09 PM

Thanks for the reference part number. Just order my replacement :)
-Sebastian
Posted Image
[email protected] | http://TurnDriverSide.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertise Here