2009 Silverado Power Outlet Cover Replace

post-15832-1275097914_thumb.jpg

I attached the picture of the power outlet that has the cover broken off. I have a replacement part but I am not sure how to replace it . With all of the snap on parts, I didn't want to brake something accidently. Anyone know now to replace the cover on the power outlet. Is there a way to replace it from the front side or do I need to get to it from the back side? Do the lower panels just pop off or will I break something just giving them a tug?

I attached the picture of the power outlet that has the cover broken off. I have a replacement part but I am not sure how to replace it . With all of the snap on parts, I didn't want to brake something accidently. Anyone know now to replace the cover on the power outlet. Is there a way to replace it from the front side or do I need to get to it from the back side? Do the lower panels just pop off or will I break something just giving them a tug?

I found out the whole trim that contains the power outlets pops off. I disconnected the power first and then pushed the 2 tabs inside the power outlet in and the inner sleeve will slide out (forward). Next there are 2 tabs on the outside outlet (the part with the cover) behind the trim. Push those in and this piece can be removed, and in my case, replaced.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Where did you order the replacement power outlet from? The same thing happened to my Silverado and I am having trouble finding a place to order the part from.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived