Stumped! Brake Lights Don't Work, But Bulbs Are Good? Help/a

I have a 1989 GMC Sierra c2500. When I press on the brake pedal, my brake lights do not come on. At first I thought the bulbs were burnt out, but when I took the bulb out and tested it with electricity it lit up just fine. My hazard lights use the same bulbs as the brake lights and my hazard lights work just fine. My turn signals work great too. But when I step on the brake pedal, I get no brake lights. I have replaced the brake switch under the dash. I have also replaced the neutral safety switch under the dash too, checked the fuses to make sure they were in good condition, and still nothing. What else could I be overlooking and or what else could be the problem?? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Brady James

I have a 1989 GMC Sierra c2500. When I press on the brake pedal, my brake lights do not come on. At first I thought the bulbs were burnt out, but when I took the bulb out and tested it with electricity it lit up just fine. My hazard lights use the same bulbs as the brake lights and my hazard lights work just fine. My turn signals work great too. But when I step on the brake pedal, I get no brake lights. I have replaced the brake switch under the dash. I have also replaced the neutral safety switch under the dash too, checked the fuses to make sure they were in good condition, and still nothing. What else could I be overlooking and or what else could be the problem?? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Brady James

Not very likely both bulbs could be bad, but those bulbs should be dual filament (different filaments are used for turn signal and brake). Maybe a couple bulbs could solve your problem.

Archived