07 Silverado Will Not Shut Off With Key Removed

Help !!! :)

My 2007 Silverado 1500 4WD with 5.3 L engine continues to run with the key off

It runs perfect as if I never shut it off

It is not dieseling it runs like the key is on

The complete vehicle shuts down like it is off ie all dash lights, radio, go of and it will not allow the vehicle to go into drive. The only way I can shut it off is to pull the fuel relay until it dies

The truck was sitting for a month and the battery went dead so I had to jump it and it would not shut down after I jumped it.

The check engine light is on and the scan tool is displaying a P1629 Code

Any help would be appreciated

Check the whole assembly.

Thanks but it seems to simple and after doing endless hours of research on the web I have not found anyone with the same problem. If the key switch is defective it seems like it would be common. The truck was involved in an accident so maybe the switch was hit buy the driver when it was impacted as the airbag was deployed. Just throwing it out there for discussion because I am hoping to get your solution seconded by others and thank you again.

I have a 1989 GMC Sierra 2500. I HAVE THE SAME EXACT PROBLEM you are having! When I pulled into my driveway from the store I put my truck in park, turned the key off and pulled it out and my truck was running at full idle. My radio and all my other electronics shut off, but not the engine. Out of desperation and panic, the only way I could get it to turn off was to pull the center plug on my rotor cap. I've been told it could be a broken ignition actuator rod and/or a bad ignition switch. No way to tell for sure without pulling off the steering wheel and doing some further investigatinig. I reluctantly plan spending my saturday figuring this out and I will let you know the results. Might be a day or two before I get back to this. -Brady James

Since this is not a tuning issue, I have asked the Moderators to move this to another section so you can get more responses.

I have a 1989 GMC Sierra 2500. I HAVE THE SAME EXACT PROBLEM you are having! When I pulled into my driveway from the store I put my truck in park, turned the key off and pulled it out and my truck was running at full idle. My radio and all my other electronics shut off, but not the engine. Out of desperation and panic, the only way I could get it to turn off was to pull the center plug on my rotor cap. I've been told it could be a broken ignition actuator rod and/or a bad ignition switch. No way to tell for sure without pulling off the steering wheel and doing some further investigatinig. I reluctantly plan spending my saturday figuring this out and I will let you know the results. Might be a day or two before I get back to this. -Brady James
Since this is not a tuning issue, I have asked the Moderators to move this to another section so you can get more responses.

Sounds like the ignition starter switch down near the base of the steering column. Or your lock cylinder is no longer connected to the starter switch via the rod that connects the two.

so far I have replaced the old ignition switch attached to the steering column under the dash with a new one and I am still having the same problem. I know my actuator rod is not broken because when I put my key in and turn the key cylinder, I can see the rod move and I can start my truck, I just can't get it to turn off still...still working on sorting it out. when I finally get it figured out I will take a picture and post it.

two completely different vehicles... two completely different fixes.

The 2007 is likely not an ignition switch but much more likely (as he said it was hit and sitting) a voltage spiked and failed body control module. That's the power mode master on that vehicle.

two completely different vehicles... two completely different fixes.

The 2007 is likely not an ignition switch but much more likely (as he said it was hit and sitting) a voltage spiked and failed body control module. That's the power mode master on that vehicle.

I'm inclined to agree, most likely the BCM has fried, and its not sending the kill Signal to the PCM and the FPCM.

Archived