98 K1500 Runs Rough When Wet

racingdl19

Question

I have a 98 Chevy K1500 with the 5.7l Vortec in it.I have a problem with it missing/running rough after/during it rains or after it has sat for a few days.You can hear arcing occuring but usually can just faintly see it or just see a reflection on the firewall.So far I've tried 2 caps,3 sets of wires,new plugs,new coil,and nothing has fixed it.I just put on 8mm wires with dielectric grease and rechecked everything.Still nothing.I notice whenever it runs rough that you can smell gas but I've always thought it was because the cylinders weren't burning it all off because of the misfire.Once it warms up and dries everything out it runs fine.But it's almost to the point that it's undriveable in the rain.Help me please!

0 answers to this question

the codes that come up are P1345,P0102,and P0161.

I have a 98 Chevy K1500 with the 5.7l Vortec in it.I have a problem with it missing/running rough after/during it rains or after it has sat for a few days.You can hear arcing occuring but usually can just faintly see it or just see a reflection on the firewall.So far I've tried 2 caps,3 sets of wires,new plugs,new coil,and nothing has fixed it.I just put on 8mm wires with dielectric grease and rechecked everything.Still nothing.I notice whenever it runs rough that you can smell gas but I've always thought it was because the cylinders weren't burning it all off because of the misfire.Once it warms up and dries everything out it runs fine.But it's almost to the point that it's undriveable in the rain.Help me please!

Also the arcing is coming from the coil wire sitting against the firewall.I've tried taking a piece of hose and putting over the coil wire and wrapping it with electrical tape.

Also,the distributor gear had been replaced since the code camo on.The garage that replaced my intake gasket messed up putting the distributor back in and it missed like crazy.They found that the gear was really worn.The codes have were not cleared after all of that happened.

Also the arcing is coming from the coil wire sitting against the firewall.I've tried taking a piece of hose and putting over the coil wire and wrapping it with electrical tape.

Archived