So I noticed how touchy and "springy" my buddies gmc hd throttle is and how mine wasn't. Looked into it and GMC has an entirely differnt throttle set up under the dash. Same company, same everything else with exception of sheet metal, why in the world would the gas pedal be different between chevy and gmc? Mine is an 06 and his is an 05 but i've seen 06 and 07 gmc's with the same assembly. Its just a better overall feel of the throttle and feels more responsive. This just blows my mind. Go drive a NBS gmc then drive a chevy and you'll feel the difference. I even took one out of silverado at the junk yard, prob 03 or 04 model and it was the same as the gmc. Tried to swap it over and well that was a mistake. Completely different plug.

Maybe i'm just too picky.

different return springs on the accelerator . when the DBW came out, people were complaining about the

soft, hard to control action on the accelerators. the fix was to find a little heaver spring and replace the stock one..

So I noticed how touchy and "springy" my buddies gmc hd throttle is and how mine wasn't. Looked into it and GMC has an entirely differnt throttle set up under the dash. Same company, same everything else with exception of sheet metal, why in the world would the gas pedal be different between chevy and gmc? Mine is an 06 and his is an 05 but i've seen 06 and 07 gmc's with the same assembly. Its just a better overall feel of the throttle and feels more responsive. This just blows my mind. Go drive a NBS gmc then drive a chevy and you'll feel the difference. I even took one out of silverado at the junk yard, prob 03 or 04 model and it was the same as the gmc. Tried to swap it over and well that was a mistake. Completely different plug.

Maybe i'm just too picky.

You sure the difference wasn't that one truck has adjustable pedals and the other doesn't? That would explain the discrepancy.

Also, I do know that the connector used for the drive by wire system changed after the first few model years, right around 05-06. That was the case in both GMT800s and GMT360s. You can get the newer style connector for an older truck or vice/versa and adapt it to the wiring harness -- I did that on a 2002 GMT360 I owned in order to install a set of brushed stainless GM SEO pedals from an '04 SSR.

Non-adjustable pedals

Did you just cut and splice the connections or is there a kit that you used?

I just cut the old connector off and crimped the new one onto the ends of the wires from the factory harness.

Archived