Oil Change Reset

AB Truck

Question

Hi guys, I have a 2003 Sierra SLE. My "Change Oil" indication comes up on start up each time. How do I reset this; I have pushed and hold on the tripometer to reset but it does nothing. Also my indication shows limited info and does not give the % of oil life etc. that must be in a SLT model or something as I do not have an info centre on this truck, only what's given in the Odometer screen area. Weird, for my LeSabre all I have to do is hit the button in the glove box!

Thanks for your help guys,

D

0 answers to this question

Should be in the owners manual. Some you turn on key without starting engine, push the gas pedal to the floor 3 or 5 times within 10 seconds, turn off key. Light will flash several times and reset. But check the owners manual, its in there.

From the 2003 manual:

How to Reset the GM Oil Life System

Press the fuel information button until ENGINE OIL LIFE

appears in the display. The GM Oil Life System shows

an estimate of the oil’s remaining useful life. It will show

100% when the system is reset after an oil change. It

will alert you to change your oil on a schedule consistent

with your driving conditions.

Always reset the engine oil life after an oil change. To

reset the Oil Life System press and hold the select

button while ENGINE OIL LIFE is displayed

I was just posting what I found by quickly looking through a '03 'burb manual. You would need the DIC buttons to do that procedure. There is the method listed above using the pedal. Hopefully someone else will chime in soon

Turn the ignition key to the RUN position.

Fully push and release the accelerator pedal 3 times within 5 seconds.

If the Change Oil Soon light flashes, the system is resetting.

Start the vehicle.

The oil life will change to 100%.

If the Change Oil Soon light comes back on, the system has not reset. Repeat the procedure.

OK, 10 4 guys...so pressing the gas pedal that little bit won't flood the engine then correct?

Also, is there a way with my truck to check the oil life percentage then; without having a fuel info button?

Thanks a lot guys,

DD

OK, 10 4 guys...so pressing the gas pedal that little bit won't flood the engine then correct?

Also, is there a way with my truck to check the oil life percentage then; without having a fuel info button?

Thanks a lot guys,

DD

If you only press it a little bit you won't be successful. Push it to the floor and release it 3 times within 5 seconds.

Archived