Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tspencer71

Front Speakers And Door Chime

Question

My front speakers don't work and the door chime either, it on a 2007 chevy silverado 1500 w/t classic, any suggestions?

0 answers to this question

My front speakers don't work and the door chime either, it on a 2007 chevy silverado 1500 w/t classic, any suggestions?

If your front speakers aren't working you're not going to hear the chime.....

If your front speakers aren't working you're not going to hear the chime.....

yup.

only options are to replace your speakers, or buy a new radio with the $100 + wire harness that has a new "chime box" thats hidden behind the dash.

how does both speakers go bad at the same time?

Do they make any noise at all? Is 2 speakers all you have in your truck? Are you sure it's not the headunit causing the problem? If I'm not mistaken the chimes, etc. only come out of the left speaker. Any wiring mods to the truck that could have screwed the pooch?

Any open or any short one either one of the front speaker circuits will cause the front driver to shut down on this system.

Or you could go out and spend a couple of hundred bucks on an aftermarket only to find out you have a broken wire in the driver door harness you could have fixed for nothing. :cool:

Thanks for all the info,took both door panels off swaped speakers from one side to the other and it turns out that the left side speaker was bad thanks to everyone who gave me some direction to go. Thanks :D

Thanks for all the info,took both door panels off swaped speakers from one side to the other and it turns out that the left side speaker was bad thanks to everyone who gave me some direction to go. Thanks :D

Good deal!

• Popular Now

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.