2007 Silverado Right Side Speakers Not Working

So today i was working on the truck and had the radio on. Come to find out that only the little tweeter in the a pillar works on the right side? The front and rear passenger door speakers just randomly stopped working. Anyone know of a fix or even a reason why. Truck only has 55 000kms/33 000 miles and it's jsut out of bumper to bumper warrenty. Would like to handle this one on my own. Any how-to's at removing the inside door coverings?

Thanks Caleb

Is your truck a GMT-900 or -800?

Mine is a -900 and there are little slots in the lock and door that you can put a screwdriver into and pry a cover off. Underneath the door "covers" are a few bolts then. There are also several clips inside the door that the door panel uses to attach with. Mine is all manual locks and windows though so yours might be different.

I don't know much beyond that but figured I'd share what I know.

My driver door speaker kept shorting out and wouldnt play at all. I took the door panel off 3 times looking for shorts and found nothing. Finally I bought new speakers and have never had a problem.

Take the plastic door lock off

5 bolts off the front door and 3 bolts on the rear door

Pop the bottom off

Pull up on door panel to remove

You can replace the speakers without completely removing the door panel. Or you can remove the electric plugs and take off the door handle cable off.

Thanks! I'll have to have a look and find out what kind/size to put in the truck..

My driver door speaker kept shorting out and wouldnt play at all. I took the door panel off 3 times looking for shorts and found nothing. Finally I bought new speakers and have never had a problem.

Take the plastic door lock off

5 bolts off the front door and 3 bolts on the rear door

Pop the bottom off

Pull up on door panel to remove

You can replace the speakers without completely removing the door panel. Or you can remove the electric plugs and take off the door handle cable off.

I hate to ask this, but have you checked your balance setting on the head unit?

The fact that front AND rear tell me it's not your indiv. speakers...they more than likely wouldn't go out or short at the same time. Sounds like a wiring issue at the head unit or the head unit itself...if your balance is normal that is...LOL

The fact that front AND rear tell me it's not your indiv. speakers...they more than likely wouldn't go out or short at the same time. Sounds like a wiring issue at the head unit or the head unit itself...if your balance is normal that is...LOL

Yep, I was going to say the same thing, but I figured he was smarter than that.  :cool:

Yup i was hoping it was only a balance issue, but it's not played with the settings jiggled some wires and nothing came from it. I noticed it a few weeks back that i could hear them cutting in and out. Now they have stopped completely, so time for an upgrade...which brand? I have no clue bout good stereo componets.

• 5 weeks later...

Im having this same problem on my truck with the speakers randomly turn off and on... all on their own when the radio is on... just wanted to know if any fix came about from this or if you just had to purchase some new speakers... which is what i'm contemplating right now.

• 4 months later...
Same thing happened to me, I was too chicken to drill the holes for new ones, so I "found" a new factory speaker from work.

Discussion:

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?...550&hl=door

6x9's fit really well in there. I made a bottom adapter plate out of aluminum to completely seal the speaker.

Archived