Windshield Wiper Broken

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MelLandry

MelLandry

Enthusiast

• 56 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 10:58 AM

My passenger side windshield wiper stopped working. A worn out blade caused enough resistance to eat the teeth on the post that links the wiper arm to the linkage assembly. So now the driver side wiper works fine, but the passenger side does nothing (the linkage turns the post which just rotates inside the arm). You can see the worn piece in the photo below. Just below the threads is where the teeth are worn.

So what I'm looking for is some direction on what parts I need to order and replace.

Can I replace just the post, or do I need to replace the linkage?
Where can I order the parts?
Does anyone have a diagram that would give me part numbers?

Thanks in advance.

Mel

Posted Image
2008 Silverado 1LT Z71 4x4 4.8; DIC Upgrade; Steering Wheel Audio Control Upgrade; Spray-in Liner; GM Hood Deflector

#2 chrisb1

chrisb1

Enthusiast

• 191 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 03:50 PM

The parts diagram for 'Wiper' for your truck shows only the wiper linkage with motor as the available part.

About $140

Do a google search for GMC OEM parts. Many will show the available parts. You might double check with your dealer.

#3 KCXLT

KCXLT

Enthusiast

• 159 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 10:21 PM

Are you sure there were teeth there? The reason I ask is our 99 Chev Venture had wiper arms that were just held tight by the nut. I had to tighten it up a few times.

#4 jdubya

jdubya

Enthusiast

• 713 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 09:47 AM

Are you sure there were teeth there? The reason I ask is our 99 Chev Venture had wiper arms that were just held tight by the nut. I had to tighten it up a few times.

There were definitely teeth on there. I just had mine off the other day to repaint the arms.

This link shows the parts catalog but it looks like the linkage and motor are one part. Wiper Motor and Linkage
07 Chevy Silverado LT 4.8L 1500
NCD Customs 2.5" Leveling Kit, 3" ReadyLift Rear Block Kit | 20% Front Window Tint | Fold-A-Cover G4 Elite Tonneau Cover | Kennwood Double DIN Navi/Multimedia System with MB Quart Component Speakers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertise Here