Code P0449 (vent Solenoid)

NickS

Question

Ok, wife called me an told me check engine light came on this morning on her way to work. I told here to pull into autozone, and it was P0449.

it says,

Check connector and wiring

Purge or vent solenoid defective

Fuel saturated vapor canister

Failed EVAP Solenoid

From my searches, it is probably the solenoid (seems to be common in chevys). I tightened the gas cap and will see in the morning if maybe that was it. The problem is, I have searched thread after thread, and no one has posted the part for the solenoid, price, or instructions to fix on a 2007 Tahoe. Some people have said that it is around $98 (on '06 Tahoe) and $32 (on other vehicles) I type in "2007 Tahoe vent valve solenoid" and it brings up some sites and even ebay, but when I click on the item description, it shows for like 40 vehicles except 2007 Tahoe. It goes throgh the years but skips mine. Goes from 2007 silverado, to 2007 Chevy suburban, to 2007 Yukon, and on to 2008's. Does anyone have the part number I need to look for?

Also, how hard is it to install. From threads on other year models, it is like a 20-30min install. I'm just trying to find where it is located because some other threads, a couple of people on there (older year model tahoes and silverados) just pulled it off and sprayed compressed air and wd-40 in it and put it back together and light went off. I will probably try this first, but just need to find the damn thing.

Is there anything else I should check?

By the way, this is an '07 Tahoe with about 70,000 miles on it

Thanks

0 answers to this question

Ok, I get it, but no one is still answering my main question. I can't do anything until I find it. Where the hell is it located at on the Tahoe? :thumbs:

Also, I found some stuff about an emmisions warranty on GM (8 years or 80,000 miles) Anyone know if this sort of thing would be covered under that? I'm going to call my buddy at the dealership tommorrow, but wodered if anyone else knew.

thanks

I just replaced one on an 07 Suburban a couple of weeks ago.....try dropping the spare tire down out of the way.

Ok, I found it at the dealership ($23.00). So does anyone know where it is located on a 2007 Tahoe? I'm going to try to take the old one off and clean it or something before I go buy a new one. Anyone know where its at?

Ok, I get it, but no one is still answering my main question. I can't do anything until I find it. Where the hell is it located at on the Tahoe? :lol:

Also, I found some stuff about an emmisions warranty on GM (8 years or 80,000 miles) Anyone know if this sort of thing would be covered under that? I'm going to call my buddy at the dealership tommorrow, but wodered if anyone else knew.

thanks

"ask a parts guy" forum is unavailable at this time lol.

relocate the filter to the engine bay and replace the canister also

dealer can do this in no time flat but have fun anyways!!

At least on NBS gmc 2007 and 2008

This is right, I've done several at my job (dirty conditions) and had my own truck in for warrenty except they didn't relocate the vent.

Solenoid is on the gas tank near the rear on mine.

HERES MY OPINION:

I used to fuel up the gas tank right full like after it auto shut-off I'd top up the neck. Your not supposed to do that. After the first click the tank is full enough.

Driving in very deep puddles splashing and crap can get in the filter and work its way to the solenoid causing it to fail.

Archived