Engine Oil

Hey i'm deciding to switching over to synthetic, just kinda confused which motor oil to use. I have an 07 escalade and the recommended oil is Mobil 1 synthetic (so thats what i use on that)

On my silverado, i've been using the generic stuff the GM dealer puts on, which is pennzoil i believe. just wanted to know if I should switch to synthetic and to what...

Royal Purple

Mobil 1

Amsoil

Castrol

etc

and btw are the performance oil filters worth it?? (K&N, Mobil) etc.

What do you use and why?? thanks

I myself use mobil 1 since the truck had 5000 miles on the odometer never had any problems i do like the longer time between oil changes :fume: please my local wallie world has it cheap

<"></a>

2005 Silverado flowmaster 40 series and k&n Intake

Mobil 1 and either Purolator Pure One filter or Mobil 1 extended performance filter. Depends on whether Advance Auto Parts or O'Reilly's is running their 5 quarts of Mobil + Mobil 1 filter on sale for $29.99. Use it in both my Tahoe and Sierra.

I have always been a Castrol person..... My 1999 has always had Castrol Syntec in it.......

You choice your flavor.... Just put a GOOD FILTER ON IT........ WIX Gold is my choice. You decided, I even cut a bunch of flavors up for viewing. I would us AC Delco till I started seeing PLASTIC in my filters........... My second choice would probably be the FleetGaurd......

Anybody with access to Donaldson, Mighty, Baldwin, AM SOIL filters, I would like to add them..... To the exploded views.

Jbo

Valvo Synpower and a napa gold filter. Or mobil clean 5000 and napa gold filter. It doesn't make too much of a difference between synthetic and conventional, because today's synthetic is not even 50% synthetic. Unless you buy amsoil or something like that. My truck tends to like the Mobil clean 5000 better than the valvo.

Archived