Gm Universal Remote And Marantec 4500 Garage Door Opener

My new to me truck, 2007 GMT900, has GM's built in garage door opener. I am having a problem getting the two to work together. I have directions for both and for whatever reason I am having no luck.

Is anyone using the two together and it working like it is supposed to? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Pretty much what Dlewis said, on the garage opener, there's a red button you need to press, then jump in the truck and hold the button in till the garage door starts to move. That should fix your issue.

i had this issue with my mom's truck. i had to train the truck to mimic the remote. then i had to train the door opener to learn the homelink remote. it is rolling code so it was a two step proccess that i learned the hard way. you may want to try that.

Thanks for the tip Drew. I will give this a shot when I get home. As far as I know, my truck may already be working correctly at this point. My door opener just does not know it is supposed to open for the truck transmitter. Hopefully this weekend, I will work this one out. That is my goal on Saturday morning.

Thanks for the tip Drew. I will give this a shot when I get home. As far as I know, my truck may already be working correctly at this point. My door opener just does not know it is supposed to open for the truck transmitter. Hopefully this weekend, I will work this one out. That is my goal on Saturday morning.

sounds about right. this will be the case if somewhere on the opener it has a "remote learn" button. if that is the case it should be as simple as pressing the "learn" button on the garage door opener and then using the button in the truck that you trained.

• 3 years later...

I have Sierra Denali 2011, my Universal Remote Control not sync with the Door.

i pressed and Hold the outer buttons until they flashing then and hold and push one of the button in the Universal Remote and my Auto Door Remote for long time but my Universal Remote in the GMC not flashing.

can you help me on that ?

do i need some chip to be installed in my truck ?

For Marantec opener owners: If you have a Homelink brand remote in your GM vehicle, it will sync with the opener, but if you have a Lear brand remote (most '07 and up), you will have to go on the Learcar2u.com site and order their auxiliary receiver (~$25) to make it work. This auxiliary receiver will wire up in parallel with the manual pushbutton at the opener (terminals #3 and #4 IIRC), and all will be well. There is no "learn" button on a Marantec opener; this is why it will not sync with a Lear transmitter. A Homelink brand transmitter has one LED below the pushbuttons; a Lear brand transmitter has three. Hope this helps.

Sent from a new laptop w/ Windows 8.

Archived