Speaker Replacement 1994 Gmc Interior Trim Removal

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 The Bank

The Bank

Enthusiast

• 3 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 10:36 AM

I recently purchased a 1994 GMC Sierra SL. I want to replace the rear speakers, but they are buried in the door post trim panel and I have not been able to figure out how to pop the trim to get access. Taking a close look it seems like the trim panel is connected to every other piece of trim in the cab!! Please help!! :lol:

#2 speedracer0626

speedracer0626

Enthusiast

• 13 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 11:36 PM

It's a pain but no you don't have to take everything out, just most of everything. More than likely you will break some tabs, so buy you some epoxy. First remove the door sill plates, then pop the back cover off, it's below the window, it should just pop off if you pull gently. There should be 3 screws at the bottom of the door post panel and one at the coat hook take those out. Last but not least pop the panel off.

Edited by speedracer0626, 23 September 2010 - 11:39 PM.

#3 speedracer0626

speedracer0626

Enthusiast

• 13 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 11:38 PM

Most people say not to even worry about replacing those speakers, but if you do go with a top notch speaker so you don't have to worry with them again.

#4 govtech4

govtech4

Senior Enthusiast

• 4,786 posts
  • Name:Rob

Posted 24 September 2010 - 05:32 PM

i just did mine and it s a pain,so while i was at it I removed my headliner and reglued it and removed my seats and console ,removed and shampooed my carpet,you have to remove the seat belt retractors to removed side trim ,you need the torx bit and a 3/8 impact to fit it

the truck was built around those dam rear speakers, (not loling!)
How do you write a signature on a laptop screen ??

lmao.

I'm here all week ,try the Veal !!

Rob

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users