Rpo Codes For A 2004 Suburban

post-22582-1283194904_thumb.jpg

Hi: Above is a picture of the VIN and RPO code sheet for my 2004 Suburban. Is a list of what all these codes mean available? I am particularly interesed in whether it has the traction package including the limited-slip or locking differential and the rear axle ratio.

Thank you

post-22582-1283194904_thumb.jpg

Hi: Above is a picture of the VIN and RPO code sheet for my 2004 Suburban. Is a list of what all these codes mean available? I am particularly interesed in whether it has the traction package including the limited-slip or locking differential and the rear axle ratio.

Thank you

post-22582-1283255402_thumb.jpg

I decoded the VIN traction control is not listed. All the RPO codes are listed in my first post. The previous owner insisted, however, it had traction control and here is a picture of the traction control (?) button on the dash just below the center air vent. Is that the traction control button or some other control button ?

Thank you.

I decoded the VIN traction control is not listed. All the RPO codes are listed in my first post. The previous owner insisted, however, it had traction control and here is a picture of the traction control (?) button on the dash just below the center air vent. Is that the traction control button or some other control button ?

Thank you.

That button looks like the Stabilitrak symbol on my truck. I'm not sure if '04 models had the Stabilitrak option. I always thought that was the location for the passenger air bag on/off switch on those vehicles. I've always had trucks though, maybe suburbans are different. :dunno:

Thanks for the response. I believe the 2004 Suburbans did have the Stability Control option and maybe that's what the button is for. I'll have to check the RPO codes again. The passenger air bag switch is on the mirror (click on the photo to expand it).

Does anyone know what the RPO code is for Stability Control? I didn't see it specifically listed when I decoded the VIN.

Thanks.

Thanks for the response. I believe the 2004 Suburbans did have the Stability Control option and maybe that's what the button is for. I'll have to check the RPO codes again. The passenger air bag switch is on the mirror (click on the photo to expand it).

Does anyone know what the RPO code is for Stability Control? I didn't see it specifically listed when I decoded the VIN.

Thanks.

Mine always had the indicator light for the air bag on the mirror, but there was a switch you turned with the key for on/off, in that same location. Maybe your passenger air bag is automatic like the new trucks. I'm not sure about the RPO for stabilitrak. Sorry.

Only trucks come with the switch to maually turn the passenger airbag on and off. The SUVs didn't come with that, I guess its because they all have a fullsized rear seat that a passenger should be sitting in if they were too small to be infront of an airbag.

Only trucks come with the switch to maually turn the passenger airbag on and off. The SUVs didn't come with that, I guess its because they all have a fullsized rear seat that a passenger should be sitting in if they were too small to be infront of an airbag.

That makes sense. Thanks for the info! :dunno:

Archived