Door/blinker Chime Not Working

Just noticed it tonight. My blinkers don't make noise when I switch them on and the door/key/lights chime doesn't sound either. I'm not quite sure what to look at here. Blown fuse?

The most recent thing I can think of that could affect it in any way is my BlackBear tune and crank relearn. That was 3 weeks ago however, and I just noticed tonight so I don't know how long it's been going on.

Any solutions out there?

For the longest time my door/key/light chime didn't work and I finally figured out that my driver's side door speaker wasn't working. I'm not sure if they still use the stereo speakers for this chime or not, but it's a place to start I guess.

Nailed it!

I just went out and checked using "Balance and Fade" to the front left. Can't get radio out of it or anything.

So, what's my next step to replace the speaker? I've never done it before. Can I do it myself or is this a dealer required thing?

This is the first vehicle I have had that I cannot find the door switch for. Usually you can just push the switch in and turn the door chime off or jump the two wires together and make it think the door is closed. On these vehicles, the only thing I can guess it that they must be working off of the door latches. IDK, anyone else?

This is the first vehicle I have had that I cannot find the door switch for. Usually you can just push the switch in and turn the door chime off or jump the two wires together and make it think the door is closed. On these vehicles, the only thing I can guess it that they must be working off of the door latches. IDK, anyone else?

Yeah the door switches are made into the door latches. So if the door is unlatched or open, the switch will close triggering the door chime.

For the longest time my door/key/light chime didn't work and I finally figured out that my driver's side door speaker wasn't working. I'm not sure if they still use the stereo speakers for this chime or not, but it's a place to start I guess.

Nailed it!

I just went out and checked using "Balance and Fade" to the front left. Can't get radio out of it or anything.

So, what's my next step to replace the speaker? I've never done it before. Can I do it myself or is this a dealer required thing?

Go to Best Buy and pick up a set of replacement size speakers and do it yourself. Or better yet call Crutchfield and they will supply the mounting adapters for your truck which will make things real easy. This will save you some money and they will sound better too. Unless you are under warranty then you will have a decision to make....

Yep, door locks. There is a thread on here about autolocks and chimes. It you have the drivers door open you can kill the chime by making it think the door is closed. Just flip the door latch down (twice, two clicks) door chime goes off and lights go off. BESURE and use door handle to open the latch before you close the door...been there..

Got the panel off as much as I could but had to stop because I couldn't figure out how to get past the manual window roller.

However, things get weird now. :D

I gave up and just put the panel all back together. Just messing around I pulled and inspected the Audio fuse and Amplifier fuse neither were broken but I just looked at them and put them back in place. I tried the key and out of nowhere the blinkers, chimes, and all are back to normal.

I don't know if the speaker was just loose and I got it back in place when I pulled the panel or what.

Archived