2009 Chevrolet 1500 Z71 With 18 Inch Wheels

arz71

I read another forum posting here on the factory Z71 Silverado 18 inch wheels, however it did not mention what the maximum size available for the wheel.

I am having a hard time finding a 8 or 10 ply tire for my truck, like a Sport King A/T I had previously on a 2003 Z71 with 16 inch wheels.

I need something like a Sport King in a 18 inch factory wheels, I have found some General Grabber AT 2's, however they are not as aggressive, any help on this would be great.

thanks

If I do not put on a leveling kit, what would you recommend?

In an 18" all terrain tire, is there any tire like a Sport King that will last 60,000 miles?

thanks for the quick reply

Man spend the 80$ or so on 2" rough country level kit. Its a must on these trucks and run the size and tire i posted. They will last 60k easy.
I know of a couple that are running 275/75/18. This tire is 33.2" in diameter. Considering that or the 285/65/18 as my next tire. Possibly the GY SilentArmor.

Is the rough country leveling kit the best one, I do not mind buying one, after it is installed a front end alinement is needed correct?

Then on the stock 18" wheels they are 8" wide correct?

Thank you for the quick replies.

What tire would be good for 60,000 miles all terrain that is recommended brands (like a Sport King) but 18" I am still having a hard time finding one.

Is the rough country leveling kit the best one, I do not mind buying one, after it is installed a front end alinement is needed correct?

Then on the stock 18" wheels they are 8" wide correct?

Thank you for the quick replies.

What tire would be good for 60,000 miles all terrain that is recommended brands (like a Sport King) but 18" I am still having a hard time finding one.

Yes, the stock 18's are 8" wide, and yes, you will need an alignment after a leveling kit. Rough Country is very popular, but I decided to go with a Zone Offroad 2" kit because I wanted to raise the rear end 2" as well. IMO, there are better tires out there than Sport Kings. I'm a huge fan of BF Goodrich. I've also heard good reports from guys with Cooper Zeon LTZ, Firestone Destination AT, General Grabber AT2, and Mickey Thompson ATZ.

Rc is the easyest and cleapest ones to install add u cant beat it. I still have 1/4"of rake. I only like cooper,NITTO,toyos for a/t tires. Bfg and firestone a/t look like old man tires lol

rc took me 15mins a side. Jack truck up put stands on frame, take tires off, lossen sway bar bolts almost all the way off, take to lower shock bolts off a-arms, lossen upper ball joint, pop spendel with hammer to get ball joint off, pull bj nut off and let a arm drop then put spacer on and bolt everything back up. Note the front end wont be way off just a little so its ok to drive. But wouldnt go over 500miles. My truck didnt even pull at all on the way to get a alignment an cost me 35$

I like the Cooper Discoverer ST's. Aggresive for a AT but not too bad, pictures on the internet don't really do them justice though... Gotta see them in person. And Cooper's are priced right for a good quality tire

Archived