Cigarette Lighter/aux Power Outlet Problems

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 MSgt Egress

MSgt Egress

Enthusiast

• 1 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 07:36 PM

I need some help on a strange problem. I have a 2007 Chevy 2500HD. It is equipped with 3 cigarette lighter/aux power outlets. 2 on the dash and one in the storage compartment between the front seats. The outlets have one by one stopped working. about 5 months ago the right dash scoket quit, about 2 weeks ago the one in the storage compartment quit and 2 days ago the last one on the dash quit. as far as I can figure there is only one 20 Amp fuse for all the outlets and accoreig tothe fuse diagram it is # 55 under the hood. It is not blown. Has anyone else had this problem and what is the fix? Is it something I can do dor do I have to bring this to the dealer? I really need at least one of these working I drive all over the northeast and I depend on my GPS alot. It would be nice if it someting I can fix as I use the truck constantly and geting it to a dealer aint happening until the end of the month. Thanks for your help

#2 07VMax

07VMax

Enthusiast

• 121 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 08:06 PM

id like to know as well. the one on the left on the dash quit working in my truck

#3 BlackSilver

BlackSilver

Chief in Charge of Everything Else

• 1,141 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 11:03 PM

Have you tried to have a look at the back of the receptacles? Perhaps the connector (friction fit) has jiggled loose.
Hans

3500HD LTZ CC LB DRW Go-power by Max & Allie
Proud Member #755 of the 3500 Dually Club
My truck has training wheels

Posted Image

#4 r1byker

r1byker

Enthusiast

• 281 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 12:10 AM

Take a close look at your fuse diagram and in the owner's manual. On my '05 Suburban, there are two different fuses for the outlets on the dash and they have two different names. Also, some fuses are under the hood and others are under the dash. I bet you can track it down by looking at the diagrams. I say that because if I can do it, most anyone can.

2010 GMC Sierra SLT Crew Cab 6.6 Duramax. Z71 4X4. Transfer Flow 45 gal. fuel tank, Westin Nerf Bars, Leer 100XQ Cap, Arma Coating Bedliner, Firestone Ride Rite air bags WeatherTech Mud Flaps, Bilstein shocks.

2005 Chevrolet Suburban LT w/ Autoride. Gibson catback, Brembo cross-drilled rotors, EBC Yellow brake pads.

2008 Cadillac CTS 3.6 L Direct Injection w/ FE2 sport suspension.

#5 Chevyboy86

Chevyboy86

Senior Enthusiast

• 3,188 posts
  • Drives:WORD UP

Posted 04 October 2010 - 12:31 AM

i would take a closer look at your fuse diagram man

Edited by Chevyboy86, 04 October 2010 - 01:23 AM.

2007.5 Sierra SLT 2500hd Duramax, Loaded, Leather, Sunroof, 6" Lift, DVD, Billet S475/stock twin kit (60psi), Suncoast Gmax-6 tranny built by Husker Diesel, 1058 suncoast triple disc t/c, AFE cold pipe, M/A transfer case brace, EFI LIVE DSP5 by idaho rob, 35x12.5r20 Toyo's on BMF Novakanes, Amp Research Steps, Premier H/U, 3 JL audio amps, 2 JL woofers,  Focal components, Cobalt Gauges, HID's all around, bullet proof bumper, air dog 150 and all kinds of other little fuel mods. Soon - 40 over sticks, S3xx/S475 Fixed Vane twins, Motor currently under the knife! Shooting for 700+  In Loving Memory of TC 84-12
collage

#6 1lunchbox

1lunchbox

Enthusiast

• 1 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 08:48 PM

I had the same problem went and looked at all fuses and didn't solve anything. I pulled the cigarette lighter recptical out and disconnected it. I then used a test light and a had power. I noticed where the plug goes in everything was fine but, from the prongs forward a thin wire melted creating lose of contact. The only fix is replace the outlet. GM should have a recall on the outlet.

#7 govtech4

govtech4

Senior Enthusiast

• 4,657 posts
  • Name:Rob

Posted 25 November 2013 - 10:29 PM

I had the same problem went and looked at all fuses and didn't solve anything. I pulled the cigarette lighter recptical out and disconnected it. I then used a test light and a had power. I noticed where the plug goes in everything was fine but, from the prongs forward a thin wire melted creating lose of contact. The only fix is replace the outlet. GM should have a recall on the outlet.

recalls are for safety related concerns and if there are no fires reported  etc ,,,,,wont happen ,welcome to the site thou !!!!

How do you write a signature on a laptop screen ??

lmao.

I'm here all week ,try the Veal !!

Rob

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users