Sign in to follow this  
MSgtEgress

Cigarette Lighter/aux Power Outlet Problems

I need some help on a strange problem. I have a 2007 Chevy 2500HD. It is equipped with 3 cigarette lighter/aux power outlets. 2 on the dash and one in the storage compartment between the front seats. The outlets have one by one stopped working. about 5 months ago the right dash scoket quit, about 2 weeks ago the one in the storage compartment quit and 2 days ago the last one on the dash quit. as far as I can figure there is only one 20 Amp fuse for all the outlets and accoreig tothe fuse diagram it is # 55 under the hood. It is not blown. Has anyone else had this problem and what is the fix? Is it something I can do dor do I have to bring this to the dealer? I really need at least one of these working I drive all over the northeast and I depend on my GPS alot. It would be nice if it someting I can fix as I use the truck constantly and geting it to a dealer aint happening until the end of the month. Thanks for your help

Have you tried to have a look at the back of the receptacles? Perhaps the connector (friction fit) has jiggled loose.

Take a close look at your fuse diagram and in the owner's manual. On my '05 Suburban, there are two different fuses for the outlets on the dash and they have two different names. Also, some fuses are under the hood and others are under the dash. I bet you can track it down by looking at the diagrams. I say that because if I can do it, most anyone can.

i would take a closer look at your fuse diagram man

Edited by Chevyboy86

I had the same problem went and looked at all fuses and didn't solve anything. I pulled the cigarette lighter recptical out and disconnected it. I then used a test light and a had power. I noticed where the plug goes in everything was fine but, from the prongs forward a thin wire melted creating lose of contact. The only fix is replace the outlet. GM should have a recall on the outlet.

I had the same problem went and looked at all fuses and didn't solve anything. I pulled the cigarette lighter recptical out and disconnected it. I then used a test light and a had power. I noticed where the plug goes in everything was fine but, from the prongs forward a thin wire melted creating lose of contact. The only fix is replace the outlet. GM should have a recall on the outlet.

recalls are for safety related concerns and if there are no fires reported etc ,,,,,wont happen ,welcome to the site thou !!!!

the wires going to my cigarette lighter are burned from plugging in a air compressor. cant get to the wires with the bottom part of dash out.  do i have to take the whole dash out or is there another way to reach it. Thank you

if i have to take the dash out how do i do this. cant find screws. 2002 1500 hd silverado with 3 outlets. shorted both circuits.