Stabilitrak And Traction Control Problem

This is not a new problem for me. It's been going on ever since I got the truck 3 years ago, but it has never bothered me that much until now. Here's what happens:

When driving at highway speeds (65mph+) on windy days I get a message on the DIC that reads as follows:

"service traction control"

"service stabilitrak"

"traction control off"

"stabilitrak off"

What causes this? I can feel the cross wind hit the truck and I'm almost certain that it's related to the problem. I got a new travel trailer a few months ago and when towing the DIC gives me the same messages even when it's not windy.

When I shut the truck off and turn it back on everything is back to normal. The dealership can't find any codes and they cannot duplicate the problem.

Does anyone else have this problem? Did you find a solution for it? Dealership is stumped.

BTW: 2007 GMT-900 Crew Cab

Wierd, I guess I could understand a burst of wind since it could screw with the wheel speeds etc.

I have been up and down I65 and it is windy as all heck I have been pushed into the emergency lane my last trip up (seen over too I hate it) never had stabilitrac kick in or get any funky messages.

Does it actually kick in when your driving or just get the message?

It doesn't kick in. I just get the service message and then a message saying it's off.

I hope it's not the timing chain. The truck has been doing it since new. The frequency is about once a month and more often if i'm towing the travel trailer.

The timing chain has nothing to do with Stabilitrak And Traction Control. Have it fixed and if your dealer cant fix it go to another dealer that can.

It doesn't kick in. I just get the service message and then a message saying it's off.

I hope it's not the timing chain. The truck has been doing it since new. The frequency is about once a month and more often if i'm towing the travel trailer.

I think as long as you have it logged with the dealer if something does go wrong they should covered it even if it is out of warranty.

It should be logged in the system because I had them look into it, right? They told me that next time it happens I need to drive the truck directly to them before the code resets so they can see it. Highly unrealistic for me to stop wherever I'm going and make a detour to the dealership ...and that's only if it happens during the service department hours :driving:

Have the dealer install an event recorder on your vehicle and everytime it happens you push the button and capture the data at that time.

I think as long as you have it logged with the dealer if something does go wrong they should covered it even if it is out of warranty.

It should be logged in the system because I had them look into it, right? They told me that next time it happens I need to drive the truck directly to them before the code resets so they can see it. Highly unrealistic for me to stop wherever I'm going and make a detour to the dealership ...and that's only if it happens during the service department hours :driving:

• 3 months later...
This is not a new problem for me. It's been going on ever since I got the truck 3 years ago, but it has never bothered me that much until now. Here's what happens:

When driving at highway speeds (65mph+) on windy days I get a message on the DIC that reads as follows:

"service traction control"

"service stabilitrak"

"traction control off"

"stabilitrak off"

What causes this? I can feel the cross wind hit the truck and I'm almost certain that it's related to the problem. I got a new travel trailer a few months ago and when towing the DIC gives me the same messages even when it's not windy.

When I shut the truck off and turn it back on everything is back to normal. The dealership can't find any codes and they cannot duplicate the problem.

Does anyone else have this problem? Did you find a solution for it? Dealership is stumped.

BTW: 2007 GMT-900 Crew Cab

This is the exact same thing happen to my truck.. Usually I can make it happen by turning auto 4x4 on while going over 50 or so... Shut the truck off and it is cleared when started. I don't really care that it happens, but on long trips I do like to have the "nannies" helping me out if I get distracted, etc... I only want them off if I turn them off. My dealer also said to bring it in when the event occurs, but that is not nor has been convinient...

Thoughts?

Archived