Rear 4x4 Decal

My truck had the 4x4 decal removed when I purchased it. I was considering adding it back. The part is $52CAD + tax, for one. On ebay, I can get it for $25USD each, with $25 shipping. Seems like a bit of a gouge for a sticker no???

why add the sticker back? I guess it just matters if it bothers you that bad.

personally, if my "Z71" stickers ever start to peel or fade I would remove them and not bother replacing. I'm not much of a fan of decals.

edit:

another idea: how about a different, non-oem design? look at it as an opportunity to customize the truck's appearance.

My truck had the 4x4 decal removed when I purchased it. I was considering adding it back. The part is $52CAD + tax, for one. On ebay, I can get it for $25USD each, with $25 shipping. Seems like a bit of a gouge for a sticker no???

It sure is price gouging. GM has a knack for that. Give you another example: small plastic tray that fits inside the center console for an '07 Impala list for about $ 50 from GM. It is at most a $ 5 part.

It sure is price gouging. GM has a knack for that. Give you another example: small plastic tray that fits inside the center console for an '07 Impala list for about $ 50 from GM. It is at most a $ 5 part.

i had to pay like 30 bucks for a plastic part no bigger than my pinky finger to fix my tailgate, and it cost GM all of .25 cents to make it

I'm sure the part cost is pretty low from the vendor, but that takes no consideration in for the cost to design, order parts, hold inventory, ship parts, etc.

I'm not justifying $50 for a $15 sticker, but don't think the part cost is all there is.

I'm sure the part cost is pretty low from the vendor, but that takes no consideration in for the cost to design, order parts, hold inventory, ship parts, etc.

I'm not justifying $50 for a $15 sticker, but don't think the part cost is all there is.

I recently bought an elliptical trainer from Sears (made in China of course). I looked up the cost of some replacement parts on the Sears parts web site for this $ 400 machine and some prices were unreal. $ 120 for a drive belt which is no bigger than a common flat automotive belt you can buy for about $ 10(not nearly as big as a serpentine belt)? $ 90 for a replacement pedal (one)? :fume:

I guess they give you an initial price break on the new item, then rip you off on replacement parts.

Archived