Gear Slector Light On My 2003 Suburban Goes On & Off

ejb2

Question

On my 2003 2500 Suburban, the gear slector light will sometimes go off or gets real dim. What causes this and how can I fix it? I have removed the insturment cluster and pluged it back in to make sure it made good contact, but this did not help. Any ideals ??

0 answers to this question

Ok, is this something they can fix with a computer hook up? Or will they need to replace the module? I am in the process of replacing my electric tow mirrors for the electric fold mirrors and according to the forium once replaced I will need to have my mirrors "reflashed". Can they fix my slector problem at this time, when they reflash the mirrors?

a reprogram will NOT fix it like Ryan said ,and go to the "for sale" forum and post there to sell stuff please .

check with the service manager about the 7 yr special policy for the cluster ,your truck MAY apply ,call fast as your truck is 7 yrs old ,,its gone by "in service " date

a reprogram will NOT fix it like Ryan said ,and go to the "for sale" forum and post there to sell stuff please .

check with the service manager about the 7 yr special policy for the cluster ,your truck MAY apply ,call fast as your truck is 7 yrs old ,,its gone by "in service " date

OK, Thanks for the info. Sorry about the "for Sale" item. Still trying to navigate the web site. Didn't realize we had the "For Sale" forum. :D

Archived