Gear Slector Light On My 2003 Suburban Goes On & Off

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ejb2

ejb2

Enthusiast

• 15 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 08:08 PM

On my 2003 2500 Suburban, the gear slector light will sometimes go off or gets real dim. What causes this and how can I fix it? I have removed the insturment cluster and pluged it back in to make sure it made good contact, but this did not help. Any ideals ??

#2 coloradoSkiCountry

coloradoSkiCountry

Senior Enthusiast

• Banned
  • 2,138 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 03:31 PM

Very common problem on the 99-04s with the digital odo/gear selector. Only solution is to send it in for repair (not something you can fix yourself) or replace it with a new one.
Posted Image

GM- Simply the best, and saying "To Hell with the rest!"

#3 ejb2

ejb2

Enthusiast

• 15 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 04:15 PM

Ok, is this something they can fix with a computer hook up? Or will they need to replace the module? I am in the process of replacing my electric tow mirrors for the electric fold mirrors and according to the forium once replaced I will need to have my mirrors "reflashed". Can they fix my slector problem at this time, when they reflash the mirrors?

Edited by ejb2, 12 October 2010 - 06:02 PM.

#4 govtech4

govtech4

Senior Enthusiast

• 4,553 posts
  • Name:Rob

Posted 12 October 2010 - 05:44 PM

a reprogram will NOT fix it like Ryan said ,and go to the "for sale" forum and post there to sell stuff please .

check with the service manager about the 7 yr special policy for the cluster ,your truck MAY apply ,call fast as your truck is 7 yrs old ,,its gone by "in service " date
How do you write a signature on a laptop screen ??

lmao.

I'm here all week ,try the Veal !!

Rob

#5 ejb2

ejb2

Enthusiast

• 15 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 06:08 PM

a reprogram will NOT fix it like Ryan said ,and go to the "for sale" forum and post there to sell stuff please .

check with the service manager about the 7 yr special policy for the cluster ,your truck MAY apply ,call fast as your truck is 7 yrs old ,,its gone by "in service " date

OK, Thanks for the info. Sorry about the "for Sale" item. Still trying to navigate the web site. Didn't realize we had the "For Sale" forum. :D

#6 govtech4

govtech4

Senior Enthusiast

• 4,553 posts
  • Name:Rob

Posted 12 October 2010 - 08:09 PM

:D
How do you write a signature on a laptop screen ??

lmao.

I'm here all week ,try the Veal !!

Rob

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users