Ls Vs. Lt Model Silverado

Does anyone know the general differences between the LS and LT model Silverado's. . . the Chevy website is not the best as far as comparisions. Thanks

I have an LT. from what I could tell the LT added leather wrapped steering wheel, fabric upgrade, locking underseat storage up front, lighted vanity mirrors. Everything else looked the same. the 2011's have this All-Star package that is really nice: Adds fogs, HD trailering, locking diff, dual zone climate, wheel upgrade, stereo upgrade with bluetooth and USB and chrome door handles and mirror covers. The package price is roughly 2K and would be 4K if priced seperately.

Does anyone know the general differences between the LS and LT model Silverado's. . . the Chevy website is not the best as far as comparisions. Thanks

I have an LT. from what I could tell the LT added leather wrapped steering wheel, fabric upgrade, locking underseat storage up front, lighted vanity mirrors. Everything else looked the same. the 2011's have this All-Star package that is really nice: Adds fogs, HD tralering, steering wheel controls, upgraded stereo with bluetooth and USB.

If they are like the Sierra, the interior fabric is exactly the same between SL and SLE (in the Sierra), even though the brochure and online stuff says different. When I got my 2010 SL I did not see one before hand, the dealer only had SLE's (should have got the SLE but that is a different story) and I liked the black seats. Once I ordered the truck (dealer trade) and signed the papers and got home I started looking through the brochure. I noticed that the SL got different seats, and that they were not black but "dark titanium". I did not like that colour. Called the dealer to see if we could cancel but he said the truck was located in Toronto and was actually on the way to the dealer now. I went straight back to the dealer and the truck was there already. Looked inside and the interior was black. Ever since then everytime I am at a dealer (surprising how often that occurs for absolutely no reason) I look at the base trucks, and even the W/T come with black interiors, no dark titanium.

On the build sheet for my 2007 GMT900 LT1 it says:

* POWER LOCKS AND WINDOWS

* ISRV MIRROR W/AUTO DIMMING,

COMPASS, TEMPERATURE

* DUAL PWR HEATED OSRV MIRRORS

* BODYSIDE MOLDINGS

* LEATHER WRAP STEERING WHEEL

* REMOTE KEYLESS ENTRY

* AUTOTRAC TRANSFER CASE

And it has the LT Convenience Package which is:

*AUTO DUAL ZONE HVAC CONTROLS

* REMOTE VEHICLE STARTER

* STEERING WHEEL CONTROLS

* FOG LAMPS

* 17" CUSTOM ALUMINUM WHEELS

I have an LT. from what I could tell the LT added leather wrapped steering wheel, fabric upgrade, locking underseat storage up front, lighted vanity mirrors. Everything else looked the same. the 2011's have this All-Star package that is really nice: Adds fogs, HD tralering, steering wheel controls, upgraded stereo with bluetooth and USB.

If they are like the Sierra, the interior fabric is exactly the same between SL and SLE (in the Sierra), even though the brochure and online stuff says different. When I got my 2010 SL I did not see one before hand, the dealer only had SLE's (should have got the SLE but that is a different story) and I liked the black seats. Once I ordered the truck (dealer trade) and signed the papers and got home I started looking through the brochure. I noticed that the SL got different seats, and that they were not black but "dark titanium". I did not like that colour. Called the dealer to see if we could cancel but he said the truck was located in Toronto and was actually on the way to the dealer now. I went straight back to the dealer and the truck was there already. Looked inside and the interior was black. Ever since then everytime I am at a dealer (surprising how often that occurs for absolutely no reason) I look at the base trucks, and even the W/T come with black interiors, no dark titanium.

Now that you mention it - the seats seemed to be the same fabric as the LS. I test drove both vehicles. Slight of hand by GM to call it a upgrade when it is in fact the same.

Now that you mention it - the seats seemed to be the same fabric as the LS. I test drove both vehicles. Slight of hand by GM to call it a upgrade when it is in fact the same.

I think it may actually have more to do with the lint attracting fabric. I have not seen a properly upolstered SL, but would imagine it was all "fuzzy" stuff fabric, and be a lint magnet.

LS's get Black seats with grey middle inserts. The fabric is a little different. The center armrest has 2 cupholders with a big hole in the middle to put stuff, but no lid to cover it (so it all goes flying if you put it up). The middle seat (in the front) is just a seat on the LS.

LT has Grey/Grey or Black/Black seats, with slightly different fabric. The butt cushion for the middle front seat flips up to a big under seat storage area that is lockable with the key. It also holds an extra power port for charging. The armrest has 3 cupholders (Giving you 7 with a regular cab, 9 with a crew/extended) and a lid for the armrest storage so stuff don't go flying.

There are little other things to. Nothing that's a huge huge deal. As was already said though, the AllStar package is a huge deal. I bought a 2010 LT EC 4x4 with Interior Power Pack, Heavy Duty Towing, Bluetooth, and some other small options. Sticker was 35k. 2011 With Exterior power pack (Fogs, locking tailgate, ez lift tailgate), Interior power pack (power driver seat, digital dual climate HVAC, USB port, bluetooth etc) heavy duty towing, remote start etc. is all rolled into one "AllStar package" which also has a GM discount attached to it. 2011 all star package LT EC 4x4 was 35k sticker. Little irritating, but good deal.

The armrest has 3 cupholders (Giving you 7 with a regular cab, 9 with a crew/extended) and a lid for the armrest storage so stuff don't go flying.

Just curious -- 7? If the armrest has 3, where are the other 4? I only see 2 - in the door - in my RC '08 truck? I really miss the dash mounted, or front center-seat mount in this truck, compared to my older trucks.

can some one specify what LT and LS is for the GMT800's? i cant tell whether were talking about 800's or 900's.

i know LT is leather and LS is cloth, what else is there? (gmt800)

GMT900 based on the fact that the OP said he was on the GM website looking at trucks.

Archived