Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

grandmastaj

Question About Front Air Dam

A friend of mine with a 2008 Silverado tore up his front lower air dam extension and was looking to replace it. He found someone willing to give him the lower extension off a GMT-900 Sierra. Will these work interchangeably? The Sierra extension looks shorter than the Silverado, but I'm not sure if the curve of it and the snap on tabs will line up. Does anyone have a clue?

I'm going to go out on a limb & say since they're 2 different bumpers (Chev, 4 pcs, the GMC 2 pcs), the GMC air dam won't fit the Chev bumper.

I may be wrong though.

Leave it off. :rolleyes:

I would but he actually likes the way it looks.

It wont fit, I had a air damn off my 07 GMT 900 in my shed and my neighbors 07 GMC (gmt900) riped his off in the last snow storm I told him he could have it so we took it down to try it and it wasnt even close to fitting.

A comment was made about leaving it off. Why? Is there any advantage to this? Just curious.

Improved ground clearance for one? It won't catch on parking curbs. I recall a 4 wheel drive magazine commenting when the GMT900s came out bemoaning the fact that the lower edge of the bumper/air dam was lower than the centre of the wheel. Doesn't help your approach angle.

A comment was made about leaving it off. Why? Is there any advantage to this? Just curious.

See posts above about it getting busted up during "normal" truck activities. ;)

Mine's been in my garage for the past 2.5 years. No harm running without it and the truck looks better too (IMO).

I agree, I'd just leave it off. Because it serves not real world purpose except to catch on stuff, and get crinkled up but snow/ice. It's only real purpose is for MPG testing it helps improve the air flow

I agree, I'd just leave it off. Because it serves not real world purpose except to catch on stuff, and get crinkled up but snow/ice. It's only real purpose is for MPG testing it helps improve the air flow

yup.. that .5% better gas millage you get with it on. lol

Mine looks real good........in the back of the shop!

Mine looks real good........in the back of the shop!

• Popular Now

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.