Photo
- - - - -

Diesel Fuel Conditioner??

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 mannytranny402

mannytranny402

Enthusiast

• 19 posts

Posted 19 September 2002 - 06:38 PM

I have a 02 duramax and I have noticed the acceleration was not quite what it was a few miles ago.  It only has 2500 on it.  Anyway, what kind should I use, what should I watch out for?  Thanks for the help...
2002 GMC Sierra - Duramax/ZF - CC/SB - 4x4

#2 bluenote

bluenote

Enthusiast

• 165 posts

Posted 19 September 2002 - 08:37 PM

I'm surprised you're having a problem like that.  My 2001 has continued to feel stronger and stronger all the way up to it's current 28,500 miles.  I'm still running everything bone stock, but have had the tranny fluid and filter changed, fuel filter changed and of course, regular oil and lube jobs.  I still haven't needed to change the original air filter, and again, haven't noticed any performance problems.  I've tried a couple of additives, both of which were supposed to include a cetane booster.  I noticed absolutely no difference in mileage or performance with either additive, and therefore don't plan on using them any more.  If you truly have started to lose power at only 2500 miles, you most likely have another issue beyond needing a fuel additive.  There are several possible things that could cause this, and a trip to the dealer might be the only way to deal with it.  Good Luck!