Photo
- - - - -

2006 Silverado 2500hd 8100 - Oil Pressure Sending Unit Location?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mark97213

mark97213

Enthusiast

• 31 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 11:59 AM

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 4x4 2500HD, 8100 Gasoline Motor with Allison transmission:

The oil pressure gauge stopped working and I am fairly sure it is the oil sending unit that needs to be replaced but on the 8100 motor it's not a typical sending unit, or so I am told. Is it loacted next to the distributor, screwed into the head just below the manifold on the drivers side of the block?

If anyone could point me in the direction to find or download a pdf Service Manual for this truck I
would greatly appreciate your help.
Democracy is, two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is, a well-armed lamb contesting the vote! Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you."

#2 8.1HD/ALLISON

8.1HD/ALLISON

Senior Truck Tweaker

• 2,598 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Drives:04 K2500HD

Posted 08 November 2010 - 12:08 PM

Oil pressure sensor is gonna be on drivers side of engine bell housing, should be right next to the crank sensor. number 2 in the picture.
Posted Image

backhoe6_zps0cfc8c15.jpg
You want fuel economy? Buy a Prius.... I have a big block!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2004 Chevy Silverado K2500 HD CCLB, 8.1L/Allison, 285/75R16 Goodyear Duratracs,
B&W hitch, Whelen 6 channel strobe lights, Soundoff Signal Mini Light Bar,
Dual Flowmaster Super 44's, BlackBear Tuned, Too much to list,

#3 mark97213

mark97213

Enthusiast

• 31 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 01:20 PM

Oil pressure sensor is gonna be on drivers side of engine bell housing, should be right next to the crank sensor. number 2 in the picture.
Posted Image

Matt, thank you so much for this; it is exactly what I was looking for. I heard this was a dealer item only... seemed strange that there's no aftermarket part for this but, being an 8100 I suppose it could be. Does this sound right to you?
Democracy is, two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is, a well-armed lamb contesting the vote! Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you."

#4 8.1HD/ALLISON

8.1HD/ALLISON

Senior Truck Tweaker

• 2,598 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Drives:04 K2500HD

Posted 09 November 2010 - 04:58 AM

Could be a dealer item only, not for sure. Im new to the 8.1 myself. Haven't had to check on parts yet, lol. Good luck

backhoe6_zps0cfc8c15.jpg
You want fuel economy? Buy a Prius.... I have a big block!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2004 Chevy Silverado K2500 HD CCLB, 8.1L/Allison, 285/75R16 Goodyear Duratracs,
B&W hitch, Whelen 6 channel strobe lights, Soundoff Signal Mini Light Bar,
Dual Flowmaster Super 44's, BlackBear Tuned, Too much to list,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users