I just got an 08, and unfortunately it did not come with XM.

Is there a way I can add an OEM antenna/reciever so that I won't have to get an aftermarket tuner with an external antenna, and wires everywhere?

yes there is a kit , GM part # 20940402 and its $332.50 at GM parts direct.com but check to see if your radio has the CAT button

Yes my radio has the CAT button.

is this kit just the box that plugs in under the dash?

and do you know if the XM antenna is integrated with the onstar antenna?

What I DON'T want is to have to run another external antenna.

Thanks buddy

When they say kit it should include everthing you need , wire harness XM module and the antenna.... it goes right behind the glove box , real easy to do . The worst part is changing the antenna

aww hell, that's what I was worried about... the damn antenna

I was kinda hoping all trucks would come with the antenna already there, ready to connect to the box haha

if I have to start drilling holes to add an antenna, I don't think I'll bother

I was kinda hoping all trucks would come with the antenna already there, ready to connect to the box haha

Ebay has them cheaper then that I believe.

I do plan on getting mine, Mine is an 07 LTZ and it doesn't have XM on it, it has everything else just not that.

Wonder how much a dealer would charge to install it?

I looked into this before and I believe (I would check with the dealer or GMPARTSDIRECT to confirm) that the kit comes with a replacement sharkfin antenna and wiring. You need to remove the headliner, insert the new antenna in place of the existing one and run the new wiring down the passenger window pillar to the area behind the glovebox where the xm receiver will be located... No holes to drill, and no extra antenna on the truck...

I looked into this before and I believe (I would check with the dealer or GMPARTSDIRECT to confirm) that the kit comes with a replacement sharkfin antenna and wiring. You need to remove the headliner, insert the new antenna in place of the existing one and run the new wiring down the passenger window pillar to the area behind the glovebox where the xm receiver will be located... No holes to drill, and no extra antenna on the truck...

That is exactly what I was hoping for

I'll check it out, thanks bud

Archived