If Ya Couldn't Have A Gm

Garrett Street

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have driven nothing but GM trucks since 1970. In that time, have owned all GM autos, except twice when we were "tempted". Both excursions away from GM were disastrous!! My folks always drove GM, so have been pretty much GM since my first car... a 1956 Chevy.

I got nailed by a GM dealer about 4 years ago on a service technicians mistake that cost me $500. Could get no assistance from GM, so filed against the dealer in small claims court. Got my money back and, at that time, swore I would never drive another GM. When I went to the current 2008 I'm driving, I drove everything out there... Ford, Toyota, Dodge. Didn't drive a Nissan. (Looks too much like a Ram sucking a lemon!)

That was right at the onset of the financial issues with GM. The arrogance of both Ford and Toyota dealers turned me off. Even though I'm impressed with the Raptor and have seen some really good looking paint combos on the newer F150 trucks, I'd walk before driving either a Ford or Toyota. That pretty well limits me to either Nissan of Dodge. Neither is well known for their fuel mileage. Like I said above, I just shudder at the looks of the Nissan. So... I'd probably be stuck with a Ram.

I don't mind the looks of the Dodge trucks. Their dependability has improved over the last few years. Yep! Dodge is what I'd have to go with. Just hope GM stays strong and that I can keep driving them. I'm spoiled!!!

If I couldn't have my GM truck, I'd most likely drive a dodge before a Ford. Just like the looks alot better both inside and out. And for a small truck, most likely I'd pick a Toyota Tacoma crew. :cheers:

But since that will never happen, I'll drive GM forever.

I'd buy whatever I liked. I see no point in ridiculous fanboyism over a brand. They have all made junk at one point or another.

I agree with you absolutely 100%!

BUT. I really do like my GMC truck.

Archived