Anyone Have A 2011 2500 6.0 Gasser Yet?

I just sold my decked out 5.3 for a pretty decent amount and have my sights set on the new 2011 6.0 crew,4x4, might pick it up this friday.

Does anyone have one yet? if so whats mpg's looking like?? Notice any differences from a 2010? Supposedly new cam and a few other improvements, theres just so much more out there on the diesel not a whole on the gasser. Just looking for some feedback.

thanks in advance

r6realtor

I just sold my decked out 5.3 for a pretty decent amount and have my sights set on the new 2011 6.0 crew,4x4, might pick it up this friday.

Does anyone have one yet? if so whats mpg's looking like?? Notice any differences from a 2010? Supposedly new cam and a few other improvements, theres just so much more out there on the diesel not a whole on the gasser. Just looking for some feedback.

thanks in advance

r6realtor

we just picked up a 2500 yukon, with the same 6.0 engine. It is a guzzler, i am going to guess we will average around 14-15 mpg, right now it shows 11 mpg, but i have been sitting in the driveway with it running for about 3 hours total, as i play around with the radio and such, so that kills the MPG. The engine itself feels great. Lots of torque, smooth shifts, the real test will be in the spring when we tow our trailer, but so far it is a dream to drive compared to the sluggish 5.4 3v triton in our 05 f-150.

From what i have heard it is the same MPGs as the 2010. Any improvements they made on the engine, are a wash because the new 2011s are about 400 lbs heavier with the new chasis(or so i have heard anyway). There are times i wish i would of waited and got an 2011 HD instead of my 2010 half ton but i do love that 6.2L! I do love the look of the new HDs though, they just look so mean with some of the new wheels that are out.

LOL, very true! pickuptrucks.com has a nice comparison that im reading right now and it looks like the chevy does very very well against the dodge and ford, looks to be not horrible in the fuel department(well considering its size) and the one tested has 4.10's the one im getting has 3.73's so i would imagine it might just do a tad bit better on fuel. Here is the comparison if anyone is interested.

http://special-reports.pickuptrucks.com/20...onomy-test.html

I never kept track of mileage on my '04 (6 L/4 spd/4.10 gears). I had heard that the chassis was 300 lbs heavier, but a hundred probably doesn't make much of a difference.

The '11 has the 6 spd & 3.73s, so it should be better in the long run.

I think your almost dead on with the weight, im pretty excited, they do look awesome for sure! This is the one im looking at.

20112500.jpg

That is the exact same truck i see every day on my way to work and i get a little envyous!(sp?)

And if you plan on using the HD for towing a lot or hauling heavy loads i would recommend the 4.10s. The gas milage wont be a huge difference but it will give you a lot more grunt off the line to help with those heavy loads!

supposedly with the new 6speed it does pretty good, and the 3.73's will be absolutely more than enough for what i have to tow right now, 3 grizzly 700's and maybe a polaris rzr, it shouldnt even feel that at all, actually the truck itself is probably over kill for what i will tow but later on i will pick up some type of small toy hauler. I would love to get the new diesel version of this truck but for the small loads i tow every so often I just cant justify the extra money plus diesel is $3.19 a gallon here right now.

I think im gonna leave this truck alone this time, I love the way it looks as is and dont want to worry about warranty or killing my mpgs with a huge lift/tires like my old truck in my signature, thats why i think im gonna pay just a little more to get the tow mirrors, 20's and the oval steps and just be happy with the way it looks stock.

i just noticed that your in bismarck nd,i just figured id say hello neibor..lol

i live in bismarck near the north walmat

I think your almost dead on with the weight, im pretty excited, they do look awesome for sure! This is the one im looking at.

20112500.jpg

That is the exact same truck i see every day on my way to work and i get a little envyous!(sp?)

And if you plan on using the HD for towing a lot or hauling heavy loads i would recommend the 4.10s. The gas milage wont be a huge difference but it will give you a lot more grunt off the line to help with those heavy loads!

That truck looks awesome....... I wouldn't change a thing other than possibly getting rid of the decal on the rear fender. Love the wheels, wish my 10 HD came with them.

As for mileage, I'm seeing on average using the DIC between 14.5 and 15.3 city/hwy. I have a 10 HD CC with the 6.0 and 3.73. I had a 02 HD 2500 CC with a 6.0 and 4.10 that I traded in on this one. The best I seen on the truck was around 12.5 city/hwy. This was when I when I had a Corsa exhaust and Airaid MIT added. Prior to that I was lucky to get 11.5. Pulling with the 02 was around 9 mpg. On my 10, I pulled a could of times and got close to 11 mpg. This is mostly from having a different trailer and it weighing less than the 4 place steel frame trailer that I was pulling before.

post-22884-1290688944_thumb.jpg

That truck looks awesome....... I wouldn't change a thing other than possibly getting rid of the decal on the rear fender. Love the wheels, wish my 10 HD came with them.

As for mileage, I'm seeing on average using the DIC between 14.5 and 15.3 city/hwy. I have a 10 HD CC with the 6.0 and 3.73. I had a 02 HD 2500 CC with a 6.0 and 4.10 that I traded in on this one. The best I seen on the truck was around 12.5 city/hwy. This was when I when I had a Corsa exhaust and Airaid MIT added. Prior to that I was lucky to get 11.5. Pulling with the 02 was around 9 mpg. On my 10, I pulled a could of times and got close to 11 mpg. This is mostly from having a different trailer and it weighing less than the 4 place steel frame trailer that I was pulling before.

Thank you for the info, thats not to bad in my opinion, the truck I had before in my sig got 13mpg summer, 14mpg in the winter(or cooler weather,we dont really have a FL winter), and would really really have to try for 14mpg. So I would be happy with those numbers.

Archived