90 Gmc Sierra Headlight Removal

If you're just removing the assemblies, there are two long skinny bolts on top of each one (visible with the hood open). Remove the bolts and the entire body of the light slides out where you can get to the bulbs. If you're taking the entire bracket off, keep going by removing the bolts that attach them to the core support.

• 2 weeks later...

I do! Mine were so yellow you could barely see where you were going. I ended up putting my neighbor's factory assemblies out of his 97 Tahoe in it after he replaced his with the halo/carbon fiber aftermarket ones. They helped some, but I'm still contemplating on buying new ones because they're not in the best shape either, but they're certainly better than what I had. I want to put all new lights on it front and rear, but to do it requires more than I'd like to spend. Although I haven't totally ruled out the light restoration process either...

I've thought about the polish, but I'm not totally convinced of it yet. I guess it couldn't hurt to try it. And yep KMG, LMC is def the place I'll buy them. They're pretty cheap over there, cheaper than anywhere else that I've found so far.

At work we use the 3m polishing kit with an air sander and polisher, but the drill attachments that come in the consumer kit are just as good. You start out with 500 grit sandpaper, then 800, then you wetsand with 1200 and again with 3000. Then you use the 3m lens cleaner, this get it almost complete, and then you use the polish and you'll have some "brand new" headlights. I was leary of it at first, but I'm completely sold on how well it works, and if they don't come out, simply go back through minus the first step or two till your happy

So this is 3M brand 700? I'll have to try that - that method sounds a little more promising as opposed to the "polish on, polish off" method. Sanding makes sense to me. But I really haven't researched the polish much to be honest...

Archived