Oil Consumption On 5.3 Envoy Denali

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 speedydog5

speedydog5

Enthusiast

• 18 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 07:46 PM

I have a 2006 5.3 Envoy denali i have 40 k on it right now, i have oil changed every 3k like clock work , i notice now my oil consumption is unbelievable it used to be i could go a oil change and add none, then 1/2 qt then a QT, THIS LAST TIME I DIDENT CHECK BETWEEN OIL CHANGES i start up vehicle and i have a ticking i,m like wtf, i check it as i am do for a change in a couple hundred miles and i have no oil on dip stick i had to add like three qts it blows no blu smoke or any for that matter i still have warrenty through GMPP if i bring it in what are they gonna tell me what should i do or say i had since new and love truck but dont want to have issues when my warrenty runs out wich is soon

#2 mtiffinal

mtiffinal

Enthusiast

• 354 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 09:54 PM

Take it to the stealership, they will start an oil consumption test.
Posted Image

#3 govtech4

govtech4

Senior Enthusiast

• 4,723 posts
  • Name:Rob

Posted 25 November 2010 - 11:29 PM

please kindly **** off with the stealership comment you **** ! your ignorance as to how shit works at the dealer level is showing loud and proud ........boob
How do you write a signature on a laptop screen ??

lmao.

I'm here all week ,try the Veal !!

Rob

#4 txab

txab

Your worst fWONking nightmare

• 8,949 posts
  • Drives:2014 GMC Sierra

Posted 26 November 2010 - 12:24 AM

:cheers:

100_0955-1-1-1.jpg
"When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."
-- Benjamin Franklin

bbp.pngsynad.pngAdamslogo3_zpsc74f7e65.png

#5 jro909

jro909

Your Own Personal Jesus

• 4,079 posts
  • Drives:04 1500 Silverado

Posted 26 November 2010 - 03:31 AM

Take it to the stealership, they will start an oil consumption test.

i agree, my service consultant has yet to rake me over the coals or get something done that i diden't need..hell they talk me out of stuff saying its a waste of money, maybe you go to some snake head dealership but i've had nothing but good experience from getting service at the dealer
RCLB 5.3, 3.42 gears, Z85/82 Bilstein Hds, General AT2 Grabbers

Man fears what he does not understand- Anton LaVey

Old People Drive Slow To Make The Most Of The Time They Have Left

Member of the Red Truck Club

Proud Vortec Owner

#6 speedydog5

speedydog5

Enthusiast

• 18 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 08:19 AM

please just a honest answer no storys

#7 txab

txab

• 8,949 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 09:36 AM

Wanna farkin honest answer? I think it is obvious. Get it to the dealer now so you can get it on record now while you are under warranty. They will start tracking your oil consumption. That's what you do. Honest enough? :cheers:

Edited by txab, 26 November 2010 - 09:38 AM.

100_0955-1-1-1.jpg
"When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."
-- Benjamin Franklin

#8 speedydog5

speedydog5

Enthusiast

• 18 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 11:36 AM

Wanna farkin honest answer? I think it is obvious. Get it to the dealer now so you can get it on record now while you are under warranty. They will start tracking your oil consumption. That's what you do. Honest enough? :cheers:

no wonder i dont frequent the site that much with all the unrequested comments

Edited by speedydog5, 26 November 2010 - 11:37 AM.

#9 nick3941sd

nick3941sd

Enthusiast

• 281 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 12:38 PM

what else do you want to hear? your having problems with your vehicle, its almost out of warranty so what are you waiting for. the dealer will start an oil consumption test to confirm the rate you are loosing oil and will take it from there.
2009 Silverado 5.3 4X4 All Star Appearance Package
2.5 Leveling Kit - 3'' Rear Blocks - Trail FX Brush Guard Step Sides and Bed Rails - G80 Locker W/3.73s - Custom Dynamics Tailgate Lightbar - 55W 4500K HIDs - Volant CAI - Borla Cat Back - DIC - Black Bear Tuned - Recon Cab Lights - GM Wheel House Liners - %35 Front Tint/Factory Rear

#10 txab

txab

• 8,949 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 02:09 PM

The next step I indicated is the step you must take, and you know it. There is no magic answer or fix at this stage. Plenty of people have posted about this. There are at least 2 other current oil consumption threads going, they all get the same answer. Off to the dealer and start documenting your problem so you can get it taken care of by warranty.

100_0955-1-1-1.jpg
-- Benjamin Franklin

#11 ChevyTech77

ChevyTech77

GM Master Certified Technician

• 2,697 posts
  • Drives:'11 Silverado ECSB L9H Z71

Posted 26 November 2010 - 02:15 PM

While all kind of harsh, I agree with the previous statements. Get an oil consumption test started asap.

I love all the stealership comments in the "Ask the GM Technician" section too. It's great. :cheers:
Chevy tough.
Anytime baby!

Every screw up is an opportunity not to make another one.

#12 ken1mod

ken1mod

Senior Enthusiast

• 1,150 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 08:14 PM

Gentlemen,
I doubt that anyone was talking about the technicians. Often the management is pretty rough at a few snakehead dealerships. I never had a problems with the work.

Ken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users