Oil Consumption On 5.3 Envoy Denali

speedydog5

Question

I have a 2006 5.3 Envoy denali i have 40 k on it right now, i have oil changed every 3k like clock work , i notice now my oil consumption is unbelievable it used to be i could go a oil change and add none, then 1/2 qt then a QT, THIS LAST TIME I DIDENT CHECK BETWEEN OIL CHANGES i start up vehicle and i have a ticking i,m like wtf, i check it as i am do for a change in a couple hundred miles and i have no oil on dip stick i had to add like three qts it blows no blu smoke or any for that matter i still have warrenty through GMPP if i bring it in what are they gonna tell me what should i do or say i had since new and love truck but dont want to have issues when my warrenty runs out wich is soon

0 answers to this question

please just a honest answer no storys

Wanna farkin honest answer? I think it is obvious. Get it to the dealer now so you can get it on record now while you are under warranty. They will start tracking your oil consumption. That's what you do. Honest enough? :cheers:

no wonder i dont frequent the site that much with all the unrequested comments

what else do you want to hear? your having problems with your vehicle, its almost out of warranty so what are you waiting for. the dealer will start an oil consumption test to confirm the rate you are loosing oil and will take it from there.

Wanna farkin honest answer? I think it is obvious. Get it to the dealer now so you can get it on record now while you are under warranty. They will start tracking your oil consumption. That's what you do. Honest enough? :cheers:

The next step I indicated is the step you must take, and you know it. There is no magic answer or fix at this stage. Plenty of people have posted about this. There are at least 2 other current oil consumption threads going, they all get the same answer. Off to the dealer and start documenting your problem so you can get it taken care of by warranty.

Take it to the stealership, they will start an oil consumption test.

i agree, my service consultant has yet to rake me over the coals or get something done that i diden't need..hell they talk me out of stuff saying its a waste of money, maybe you go to some snake head dealership but i've had nothing but good experience from getting service at the dealer

Archived