Photo
- - - - -

2003 Silverado Front Air Bag Sensor Location?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Chris03Silver

Chris03Silver

Enthusiast

• 44 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 12:35 AM

hey guys,
i tried to locate a picture or a more detail location of the front airbag sensors yes the search option *beat ya to it*. I read on one post that they are in the front bumper, I have a sensor that is throwing a Bu1000 code i think it was, about performance, it is coming and going as it pleases so im leaning to a bad plug/dirt/water in it, we had some nasty rains when the light first came on. Does anybody have a pic or a more detailed location of where the actual sensor is?

Thanks ahead of time

#2 trav_automotive

trav_automotive

Senior Enthusiast

• 1,605 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 11:28 PM

Should be mounted to the bottom of the Radiatior/Core Support....1 on Each Side of the Radiator if I remember right... Hope this helps!

Posted Image

13' Sierra Denali HD Duramax

Steel Grey with Ebony Heated and Cooled Leather

#3 Jeff DeWolfe

Jeff DeWolfe

Enthusiast

• 191 posts
  • Name:Jeff
  • Drives:2006 GMC Sierra SLT

Posted 30 November 2010 - 07:26 AM

Maybe this will help.

Posted Image
Posted Image

2006 GMT800 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab
Sunroof, DVD Player, Leather, Bose, Bed Rail Protectors.
Mods: 6 Headlight Mod, Silverstar Ultras, Plasmaglow Fire & Ice LED Tailgate bar, LED Interior lighting, Smoked Taillights, TruXedo Lo Pro QT Tonneau Cover, Putco Locker Bed Rails, Summer Tires: 22" Liquid Metal Wingmans wrapped in 305/40R22 Cooper Zeon LTZ's Winter Tires: Stock rims with 265/70 17 Goodyear Wrangler AT/S's

2008 Polaris Outlaw 525 IRS

#4 snakedoctor

snakedoctor

Senior Enthusiast

• 3,395 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 08:51 AM

Posted Image

#5 Chris03Silver

Chris03Silver

Enthusiast

• 44 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 10:49 AM

awesome thanks Guys! 12 pack for each of you! I wish.. anyways thanks again and hopefully this will help somebody else who is searching for these things...

#6 Chris03Silver

Chris03Silver

Enthusiast

• 44 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 10:46 AM

so when i finally got around to putting that sensor in, the light is working off and on. Now im getting a U1000 code and a U1301 code.. any ideas where to start looking. All the info i can find is its something about a battery high ground in the data 2 comm. link or something like that. Any ideas where to start looking would be great. I really would hate to take it to the stealership for a bad connection or something..

~Chris

#7 Mack_NC

Mack_NC

Enthusiast

• 1 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 12:18 PM

Hey chris, my drivers side sensor just went out on me, do you still have the part number, or do you know the exact name of what you replaced? i cant find sensors anywhere. all i can find is the connector at a few online shops. thanks.

mack

#8 M. Cueva

M. Cueva

M. Cueva

• Tech Wiki Editor
  • 9,010 posts
  • Drives:2006 Chevrolet Silverado

Posted 04 February 2011 - 12:57 PM

so when i finally got around to putting that sensor in, the light is working off and on. Now im getting a U1000 code and a U1301 code.. any ideas where to start looking. All the info i can find is its something about a battery high ground in the data 2 comm. link or something like that. Any ideas where to start looking would be great. I really would hate to take it to the stealership for a bad connection or something..

~Chris

more specific:
one of the modules could have a bad connection (error code U1000):
- BCM
- Digital Radio Receiver
- Driver Door Module (DDM)
- Electronic Brake Controle Module (EBCM)
- Front Passenger Door Module (FPDM)
- Hvac Control Module
- Inflatable restraint sensing and diagnostic module (SDM)
- Instrument panel cluster (IPC)
- Memory Seat Module (MSM)
- Powertrain Control Module (PCM)
- The Radio
- The Radio Amplifier
- The rear seat audio controller (RSA)
- the rear seat entertainment assembly (w/u42 (RSE)
- The rear wheel steering control module
- remote plaback device - cd plater w/u1s
- transfer case shift control module
- Transmission control module (TCM)
- Theft deterrent control module
- vehicle communication interface module (VCIM) w/Ue1

check all fuses and relays for the above modules. check connections at same modules. if you messed with any of the above, recheck it.

DTC 1301:
- No Valid Message received from modules or high/low voltage exists on line. check connections and fuses

Slade_zpsfd1fdb0c.jpg

My Truck:
2006 Silverado Crew Cab with the 4.8 Vortec
See my website for Customizations/Upgrades: Silverado Upgrades/Changes
"Based on Intel's dramatic sales warning Wednesday, you might expect rival Advanced Micro Devices to just crawl into a hole and die."

#9 dam-0

dam-0

Enthusiast

• 1 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 07:39 PM

Thanks for the Info. That saved me. have a rejection sticker because of the new laws in MA. (any error on the data stream is a fail)

i found the part number, which was of not much help while searching ( 15715058 )

but search for description : Mechanical Catalog - 2003 - Chevrolet/Geo - Silverado 1500
Electrical, Restraint systems, Supplemental restraint system, Front sensor, Front sensor, all models, w/o 2 body raised is what comes up.

Found this on GMpartsdirect.com.

hope that helps someone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users