2003 Silverado Front Air Bag Sensor Location?

hey guys,

i tried to locate a picture or a more detail location of the front airbag sensors yes the search option *beat ya to it*. I read on one post that they are in the front bumper, I have a sensor that is throwing a Bu1000 code i think it was, about performance, it is coming and going as it pleases so im leaning to a bad plug/dirt/water in it, we had some nasty rains when the light first came on. Does anybody have a pic or a more detailed location of where the actual sensor is?

Thanks ahead of time

• 2 weeks later...

so when i finally got around to putting that sensor in, the light is working off and on. Now im getting a U1000 code and a U1301 code.. any ideas where to start looking. All the info i can find is its something about a battery high ground in the data 2 comm. link or something like that. Any ideas where to start looking would be great. I really would hate to take it to the stealership for a bad connection or something..

~Chris

• 1 month later...
so when i finally got around to putting that sensor in, the light is working off and on. Now im getting a U1000 code and a U1301 code.. any ideas where to start looking. All the info i can find is its something about a battery high ground in the data 2 comm. link or something like that. Any ideas where to start looking would be great. I really would hate to take it to the stealership for a bad connection or something..

~Chris

more specific:

one of the modules could have a bad connection (error code U1000):

- BCM

- Digital Radio Receiver

- Driver Door Module (DDM)

- Electronic Brake Controle Module (EBCM)

- Front Passenger Door Module (FPDM)

- Hvac Control Module

- Inflatable restraint sensing and diagnostic module (SDM)

- Instrument panel cluster (IPC)

- Memory Seat Module (MSM)

- Powertrain Control Module (PCM)

- The Radio

- The Radio Amplifier

- The rear seat audio controller (RSA)

- the rear seat entertainment assembly (w/u42 (RSE)

- The rear wheel steering control module

- remote plaback device - cd plater w/u1s

- transfer case shift control module

- Transmission control module (TCM)

- Theft deterrent control module

- vehicle communication interface module (VCIM) w/Ue1

check all fuses and relays for the above modules. check connections at same modules. if you messed with any of the above, recheck it.

DTC 1301:

- No Valid Message received from modules or high/low voltage exists on line. check connections and fuses

• 7 months later...

Thanks for the Info. That saved me. have a rejection sticker because of the new laws in MA. (any error on the data stream is a fail)

i found the part number, which was of not much help while searching ( 15715058 )

but search for description : Mechanical Catalog - 2003 - Chevrolet/Geo - Silverado 1500

Electrical, Restraint systems, Supplemental restraint system, Front sensor, Front sensor, all models, w/o 2 body raised is what comes up.

Found this on GMpartsdirect.com.

hope that helps someone.

Archived