Installed Gmc Bug Deflector

ATXSerria

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
How do these perform at highway speeds behing that they are just clipped on? Any vibration or wobbling you notice?

It pretty solid. The whole deflector is tape on to the hood and at the end you have the clips along with two rubber bumpers.

I agree, very solid and on a black truck it is barely noticeable. No wind noise that I can hear.

post-84350-1295235682_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...

Hi Guys, I had to finally register just so I could reply to this thread. I have a two week old Sierra and I'm interested in this GM big deflector. Looks like and correct me if I'm wrong, does the middle part stick to the outside hood paint above the grill? Any other install pictures? Looks sweet thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been using this deflector for over two years. Works fine- no noise or vibration up to 80+.

Wife took it through the carwash to suprise me. SUPRISE! Tore it off and scratched my hood all to hell.

Didn't break though-tape just released and pivoted onto the hood.

Need to find more tape. Any ideas?

JD

• 2 months later...

I have the chrome one, and it is hard to tell it is on from a distance. I only use the touchless car washes, and never have had an issue with it. Shield has been on for one complete seasonal year, no issues. No wind noise on hwy either.

Do these things even do shet? The only 'protection' I see it could maybe have is blocking bugs/debree for the first foot of the front of the hood, tops. Its not gonna protect the windshield, back of the hood, or anything on the side. Its a cheap and very ugly (especially chrome ones) add-on that serves little purpose imo. I don't see everyone's need/want for one

/rant

sent from my HTC Rezound

Do these things even do shet? The only 'protection' I see it could maybe have is blocking bugs/debree for the first foot of the front of the hood, tops. Its not gonna protect the windshield, back of the hood, or anything on the side. Its a cheap and very ugly (especially chrome ones) add-on that serves little purpose imo. I don't see everyone's need/want for one

/rant

sent from my HTC Rezound

I think it is like a fat chick. Some people love them, some don't.

Personally, I do not understand why some need/want to name their vehicle. It is an inanimate object, doesn't come when you call it, so why name it?

Archived