Best Exhaust For A 6.0

I have a 2004 GMC Sierra 2500HD 6.0L Standard cab long box. The problem I run into when it comes to exhaust is that there is not cat-back for this truck. I want to know what is the best muffler for a 6.0. I wanna run duals at a 45degree angle. I have been looking at magnaflow 12599. Anyone have these? I want a louder than stock sound with tone. Not stupid loud but not to soft. So i need some help guys! :thumbs:

i Have magnaflow pn 15789, and its made for a crew cab hd. dual 3" in, single 4" out. I rigged it so it would work and it does, however its drone city from 1500rpm untill 2k.

buddy of mine has the same truck, has the muffler from the 15789 kit, had an exhaust shop "correctly" install the system, with a slightly different tail pipe and he has zero drone.

its all a matter of how the pipe is ran, not always the mufflers fault.

Unless you want alot of drone inside the cab, Corsa or Borla. The LQ4 is known for heavy drone.

:thumbs::lol: Two thumbs up on the Corsa.

I'll admit the Corsa's not cheap, but you won't be spending any more money on your exhaust system as long as you own your truck. You only hear the Corsa when you're getting on it - at cruise it's silent (unless you're towing a pretty heavy trailer).

Check eBay for good deals.

I have always been a fan of the original flowmater 40 series,And the guy at my local Muffler shop where I get all my trucks done has one on his chevy 2500 and I think it is a 2008 but none the less New Body style and sounds great but stout and has a bit of drone at 15oo rpms and goes at about 2000 but is a nice mellow sound with a deepness that is not an annoying buzzy drone. Hope I was some help.

This One here Original Flow 40

You may want to look into the Magnaflo #15569 this is a 3 inch duel inlet with duel 2-1/2 inch outlets.. You don't want to go to big on the outlets it will kill your low-end...

Archived