• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 ChevyTech77

ChevyTech77

GM Master Certified Technician

• 2,697 posts
  • Drives:'11 Silverado ECSB L9H Z71

Posted 14 February 2011 - 12:17 PM

PIT5037B has been out sense October for this issue and it IS HD specific. This concern is not present in the 1500 series trucks.
Chevy tough.
Anytime baby!

Every screw up is an opportunity not to make another one.

#17 topdj

topdj

Brian

• 889 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 01:36 PM

no problem with mine but mine was build after JAN 7 2011 so they must have the factory fix

Edited by topdj, 14 February 2011 - 01:37 PM.

trucksm.jpg
2011 Midnight blue 2500HD SLT crew w/35 Nitto Trails

6.5" BDS FOX 2.0 and steering stablizer,BedRug, snow plow prep
Hiniker 8' straight blade. Code 3 200watt light bar
2001 Trans am WS6 convertible heads cam headers
1992 Senza Spectre25' bravo 1 Hp500 72.5 gps
wifes 04 Toyota Highlander

#18 DiscoRR

DiscoRR

Enthusiast

• 1 posts
  • Drives:2011 GMC Sierra CC Duramax

Posted 04 January 2012 - 04:58 PM

I HAVE THE SOLUTION!!!
I have a 2011 GMC Sierra 2500HD crew cab long bed.
This same exact thing happened to me within the first 200 miles of driving the truck after I bought it. I took it to the dealership, they drove it and had the same thing happen to them. They checked the brakes, tires, suspension and couldn't find anything wrong with it. They called GM tech support that said they would do some research on it. They got back to the shop foreman and told him that he needed to install a new designed brake pedal along with a retainer clip. The way the shop foreman explained it to me was that the actual brake pedal is to long, and causes the brake master cylinder to still be engaged without your foot on the brake, which sends a signal to the computer and tells the ABS to kick in. The dealership replaced the pedal and the retainer clip, and the problem has never returned. I currently have 4,300 miles on the truck. If anyone wants, they can pm me and I will give you the information from my dealership that did the repair on my truck.
Hope this information helps.
Nick

Thanks nblumert! I had the exact same problem with a 2011 2500 Sierra CC Duramax... Brake shimmy that would only show up after 50 or more miles of driving. Turns out the brake pedal was putting a little pressure on a front caliper causing it to drag the pads, heating up the rotor which was causing the shimmy. I was 1000 miles from home when i searched and found your post. So i tried pulling up on the brake pedal, which solved the problem until i could get the truck to my dealer. Your post really helped us solve the problem!

And a big thanks to Royfoss in Toronto for such exceptional customer service. They went above and beyond to fix the problem!

#19 ChevyTech77

ChevyTech77

GM Master Certified Technician

• 2,697 posts
  • Drives:'11 Silverado ECSB L9H Z71

Posted 05 January 2012 - 01:36 PM

I HAVE THE SOLUTION!!!
I have a 2011 GMC Sierra 2500HD crew cab long bed.
This same exact thing happened to me within the first 200 miles of driving the truck after I bought it. I took it to the dealership, they drove it and had the same thing happen to them. They checked the brakes, tires, suspension and couldn't find anything wrong with it. They called GM tech support that said they would do some research on it. They got back to the shop foreman and told him that he needed to install a new designed brake pedal along with a retainer clip. The way the shop foreman explained it to me was that the actual brake pedal is to long, and causes the brake master cylinder to still be engaged without your foot on the brake, which sends a signal to the computer and tells the ABS to kick in. The dealership replaced the pedal and the retainer clip, and the problem has never returned. I currently have 4,300 miles on the truck. If anyone wants, they can pm me and I will give you the information from my dealership that did the repair on my truck.
Hope this information helps.
Nick

Thanks nblumert! I had the exact same problem with a 2011 2500 Sierra CC Duramax... Brake shimmy that would only show up after 50 or more miles of driving. Turns out the brake pedal was putting a little pressure on a front caliper causing it to drag the pads, heating up the rotor which was causing the shimmy. I was 1000 miles from home when i searched and found your post. So i tried pulling up on the brake pedal, which solved the problem until i could get the truck to my dealer. Your post really helped us solve the problem!

And a big thanks to Royfoss in Toronto for such exceptional customer service. They went above and beyond to fix the problem!

The PI/Bulletin number to fix the issue is listed in my previous post.
Chevy tough.
Anytime baby!

Every screw up is an opportunity not to make another one.

#20 pm26

pm26

Senior Enthusiast

• 6,285 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 02:03 PM

A very interesting problem. I am glad they found the root cause.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users