Going From 265/75-16 To 245/75-16

DTS419

I really like the new Kuhmo SAT-KL61. The tires on my truck now are 265/75-16. However, the Kuhmos come up as 245/75-16. I know that both sizes were OEM on my truck year.

Can I simply go from one size to the other, or would this screw up my speedometer and odometer?

Update. I called the dealership today and had them run my vin. Turns out my truck came with the 265 tires and according to the dealership, you cannot legally use a tire that is smaller or less in rating than that which was OEM for the vehicle. FWIW.

Update. I called the dealership today and had them run my vin. Turns out my truck came with the 265 tires and according to the dealership, you cannot legally use a tire that is smaller or less in rating than that which was OEM for the vehicle. FWIW.

lol. u can use whatever tires u want man. just make sure the load rating is the same or better, u should easily find a 245 tire with an equal load rating to your stock 265s.

lol + 1

Ask him if he legally pursued a law career too before deciding on selling cars lol.

lol. u can use whatever tires u want man. just make sure the load rating is the same or better, u should easily find a 245 tire with an equal load rating to your stock 265s.

See if a State Trooper buys that when he catches you with tires that are under-rated for your GVW.

lol + 1

Ask him if he legally pursued a law career too before deciding on selling cars lol.

:dunno: the tires will work just fine :cheers:

lol + 1

:dunno: the tires will work just fine :cheers:

I personally think the tires are gonna look like pizza cutters on there too skinny

they will just be smaller and look different then stock and your speedometer will be out a little. not much but some. those 265 are my oem stock size and i run 315s. but i got a hypertech program that corrects my speedometer so im only out by 2 km/h according to my gps. making sure the load rating is the same you will be fine

we once put but stock honda quad tires on a shitty hatch back car lol

See if a State Trooper buys that when he catches you with tires that are under-rated for your GVW.

WTF? State troopers check tire ratings? I could maybe see it if you were packing a obvious extreme load. Only thing the RCMP check up here is for tire condition and/or winter tires. How did the dealership know your tire rating? My 245's are load range E.

• 2 weeks later...

Find a different dealer! Seriously, don't use them again, EVER! I don't care if its your dad that owns it....well if you dad owns it, fire whoever told you that then it might be alright to use it.

• 2 weeks later...

re-read then comment.... :lol:

Archived