Rusty Front Bumper After Only 3 Months?

Has anyone else had any rust problems with the bumpers (or anyother parts) on there new trucks? I was almost sick to see that my front bumper had started to bleed rust in about 20 places across the top. The truck was bought new in sept. Has only 3k on it. Hell I haven't even driven down a gravel road in it yet. I'm going to call the dealer in the morning and see what they will do. Of course that isn't to easy either, the dealer I bought from has closed down. So I hope the other dealer in town will still treat me good....

I hope they will replace it without any hassle. Ì`m almost embarassed to drive it looking like that. :lol:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They'll get you handled, if they give you any lip about, go up the chain of command. I can tell you since I work at a dealership, that in these times, we don't want letters or calls coming down from our section or area about pissed off customers over problems with brand new vehicles.

Doesn't GM have a corrosion policy for like 100,000 miles? Let alone the new vehicle warranty.. If its still a GM bumper (not been hit and has an aftermarket unit) and doesn't have any damage, I don't see a dealership giving you any lip about a quick bumper change that GM is paying for.

funny thing about that... read the manual, it's rust THROUGH not surface rust. However, depending on the dealership, they'll do something about it. Every now and then, especially in winter with the calcium i get rust on the chrome, but certain good polishes take it right off.

I live in Winnipeg and the winters here are harsh, after my first year owning my truck my rear bumper, and front were already rusting. So I got a can of Never Dull and polished both my rear chrome bumper caps and the front bumper, got ride of the rust and never had any since.

Has anyone else had any rust problems with the bumpers (or anyother parts) on there new trucks? I was almost sick to see that my front bumper had started to bleed rust in about 20 places across the top. The truck was bought new in sept. Has only 3k on it. Hell I haven't even driven down a gravel road in it yet. I'm going to call the dealer in the morning and see what they will do. Of course that isn't to easy either, the dealer I bought from has closed down. So I hope the other dealer in town will still treat me good....

I hope they will replace it without any hassle. Ì`m almost embarassed to drive it looking like that. :lol:

i wonder if its not rust and it is the "fall out" commonly refered to as "rail dust"

i wonder if its not rust and it is the "fall out" commonly refered to as "rail dust"

My truck is two years old now, and when i took the bumpers off to get powder coated, they had to clean up the back and get rid of some surface rust. But not much. Hopefully they take care of you with this.

Archived