Making Factory Remote Start Run Longer

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've never had 10 minutes not be enough time to get the truck pumping out hot air. And you can do the extra 10 minutes via the OnStar app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In Australia?

Tell me about the harsh winters and the undying need for remote starters.

I'll be waiting in sub zero cold for your answer.

It is hot there. I use the remote start just as often in the summer to get the AC going. Obviously it doesn't take as long cause AC works immediately but I can see the benefit.

I love my remote start and it has great range. I love the small key fob too, fits in my pocket perfectly, I guess if I was a girl and carried a purse or a man purse I wouldn't mind a bulky aftermarket key fob..

On another note, man letting my truck run for 10mins every morning is killing my mpg, lol.

I love my remote start and it has great range. I love the small key fob too, fits in my pocket perfectly, I guess if I was a girl and carried a purse or a man purse I wouldn't mind a bulky aftermarket key fob..

On another note, man letting my truck run for 10mins every morning is killing my mpg, lol.

My 2-way Viper remote takes up less space than my OEM GM fob. It's a tad longer but it's thinner and not as wide.

When I bought my truck last month I told them I wanted remote start, first they tried to sell me an aftermarket kit. The two they showed me looked cool and were 2 way, but they were massive! So I opt. for the OEM start. To each there own.

I had a Viper aftermarket remote start on my old truck and I hated it. I lost track of the number of times it was accidentally started. It also had a feature that would start the truck every 30 minutes or so and run for about 10 minutes. Once around 2 pm a friend asked me why my truck started. I thought I killed it, but it turns out that "feature" was still active and when I was going to bed around midnight I heard my truck start.

Never once in about 7 vehicle years on either my Enclave or my new truck has the factory remote start been accidentally activated.

I had a Viper aftermarket remote start on my old truck and I hated it. I lost track of the number of times it was accidentally started. It also had a feature that would start the truck every 30 minutes or so and run for about 10 minutes. Once around 2 pm a friend asked me why my truck started. I thought I killed it, but it turns out that "feature" was still active and when I was going to bed around midnight I heard my truck start.

Never once in about 7 vehicle years on either my Enclave or my new truck has the factory remote start been accidentally activated.

I had mine programmed to require two presses of the start key one second apart and have never had that issue. I have heard that complaint before though, for sure.

A lot of it has to do with where you live obviously. If I lived in a temperate zone, 10 minutes would do fine. But the range is still a big downer for the factory remote, at least for me.

I'll try the neck thing, but not in public. ;)

Supposed to be -31 F, not Celsius tonight.

Even passing gas is cold.

So -35°C? I assume the specification of Fahrenheit was meant to make it sound like it especially cold, but -40°F = 40°C. It's not really far off when it gets that cold.

Just a pet peeve of mine...I've seen people do that a few times without realizing the scales meet. I had a friend once brag that she'd skied in -25°F weather so it must have been like -60°C or 70°C haha. If you knew this then just ignore me.

It's still gross weather. It was -29°C last night. I feel your pain.

Archived