So if i'm correct the 2012 Escalade should be released in Fall of this year? ... yet no concepts or spy photos of what its going to look like? They do re-design them every 4-5 years right? 02-06, 07-11, 12-16...

I love the Escalade's, but the things I would like to see improved for the next gen:

-Higher end door panels & dash - the platinum edition should be a standard Escalade!! The hand stitching looks classy.

-Seats that don't wear out so fast...and something more comfortable like the GMT-800 seats.

-Something similar to the current 22's - possibly 24's lol

-Possibly a Duramax EXT? - Highly doubt it would happen but I'd buy one hands down. :lol:

Feel free to add to the list!!

I thought I remembered reading somewhere that large SUV's were due to be updated/refreshed for the 2014 model year. I agree with you on the interior though; I would love to see it a little higher end. And maybe the back end restyled a little so it doesn't look so much like the back of a minivan. The current design is a huge leap forward from the previous gen, IMO, so I can't wait to see the next version.

Ozzie

-Seats that don't wear out so fast...and something more comfortable like the GMT-800 seats.

Amen! I am glad I wasn't the only one. I had a '07 Suburban with the LT3 package and was so disappointed in the seats. Not comfortable leather at all! I missed my '04 Platinum Escalade (as well as my old Silverados that had leather) for the leather seats. That's one of the main reasons I went with cloth on my '11. I personally thought the cloth was more comfortable than the leather.

-Possibly a Duramax EXT? - Highly doubt it would happen but I'd buy one hands down. :crazy:

Sorry but the EXT goes RIP after 2013.

which makes a lambda cadillac all the more likely....

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-01-06/c...ales-gains.html

and for a rendering: http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f15/rep...ly-built-99103/

• 6 months later...

The 2012 start in about a week, very little change , mostly cosmetic. The large suvs get total redo for 2013 they start production in july 2012, they are already starting getting ready for retool. Yes I work at GM Arlington, the only place the large suvs are built.

I'd like to see a less ghetto exterior and some decent looking wheels. How about some class this time instead of making something that looks like an NBA star's dream ride?

I'd like to see a less ghetto exterior and some decent looking wheels. How about some class this time instead of making something that looks like an NBA star's dream ride?

Agreed, hell I personally don't think they shouldnt make the ol' escalator anymore, just limit the caddy's to very high end luxury cars and let gmc and chevy make the suvs

• 4 months later...

I agree with you to some degree, but I think the majority of buyers disagree. An Escalade is a pretentious vehicle by its definition - the biggest God-damned Cadillac you can imagine. They make it any less ostentatious and they're going to lose sales to the other Luxury brands. Say what you will, but I'm sure that Escalades being mentioned so heavily in rap songs and gangsta flicks is part of the reason for their popularity over other vehicles that, to be honest, are much better buys.

I see no real diff in the three except that one cost more than the other, as before. The denali can be said the same as escalade. Get rid of one and make them appeal to everyone not just one group.

Archived