Volant Cai

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Stealthblue

Stealthblue

Enthusiast

• 62 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 08:43 PM

Guys looking at getting one of these. Let me know what you think about yours. What are the pros and the cons? I just picked my 08 sierra with the 5.3 and have the BlackBear tune. Thanks for the input.

Edited by Stealthblue, 05 January 2011 - 08:44 PM.

Stealthblue.

#2 Stealthblue

Stealthblue

Enthusiast

• 62 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 12:04 PM

ANYONE?
Stealthblue.

#3 AustinZ71

AustinZ71

Enthusiast

• 233 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 10:28 AM

I bought and installed one in my '10

I like it. It adds some sound but not sure on performance as the truck is still pretty new and I haven't hammered on it hard yet.

They say the CAI are a compliment to other performance add-ons so it might not be very noticeable on a stock truck.
2010 Sheer Silver GMC Sierra CCSB
2WD 6.2L
Volant CAI
N-Fab Bars

Much Much more to come....

#4 thunderstruck

thunderstruck

Senior Enthusiast

• 2,228 posts
  • Name:Kyle
  • Drives:2006 Avalanche, 1995 Silverado

Posted 11 January 2011 - 12:46 PM

A friend of mine has one with a PowerCore filter on his 07 5.3L. The build quality of the kit is nice, probably didn't add much power but it definitely sounds nice.

#5 renegadeking

renegadeking

Enthusiast

• 419 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 02:16 PM

on a stock engine a CAI or rather useless. you will see results on a mod'ed engine. many people will just replace the intake tube, lots of people say that the stock air box flows great and the intake tube is restrictive.
Posted Image
2002 gmc 1500 5.3 -- Helix power tower TB spacer // LT pacesetter headers - off road Y-pipe (no cats) // dynomax dual exhaust with 5'' tips// Diablo predator // 8.5mm MSD wires // 3.73 gears // Z71 package // 33'' nitto mud grapplers// 16'' black/chrome "attack" rims // 3'' Truxxx leveling kit // 3'' body lift // 1200 watt subs & amp //
Posted Image

#6 gnet158

gnet158

Senior Enthusiast

• 1,004 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 01:46 PM

I have one on my 08, all I can say from my own experience is:

She's quicker off the line
Gas mileage is about the same (because I drive fast)
I can hear it when I step on the gas (hoping other drivers can too)

It's not going to give you 50 extra HP or add 5 miles more per gallon. But if you want to add a little pep to your truck then this might be the way to go.

Posted Image
2012 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4x4 Crew Cab 5.3: V8
All Star Edition
Extang Solid Fold cover
Line-X

Posted Image

#7 ErickC

ErickC

Enthusiast

• 89 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 02:32 PM

After getting a tune with my CAI, I realized (and pretty much knew) they are pointless unless you have other things going on. Get a filter and a tube and call it a day. Even then, still not much gain from it. You will spend 3-4 hundred on in, just get a tune instead, more performance bang for buck.
2011 GMC Sierra 1500
Quad Cab - Storm Grey - Ugly 20" rims - 6.2 liter - 6 speed - 3.43 gears - Magnaflow Exhaust - K&N Intake - Black Bear Tune - Leveling Kit

#8 Stealthblue

Stealthblue

Enthusiast

• 62 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 03:00 PM

So I scored a volant CAi used for 50 bucks shipped to me with 20k on it. My truck has been tuned by blackbear and just got my ecm back today from it being REtuned. I must say i love the way it sounds. But for 50 bucks and free RE tunes. I think I am going to start moding asap. Anyone have some setup's to suggest? I am thinking heads cam headders. Thanks guys.
Stealthblue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertise Here