Volant Cai

stealthgray

I bought and installed one in my '10

I like it. It adds some sound but not sure on performance as the truck is still pretty new and I haven't hammered on it hard yet.

They say the CAI are a compliment to other performance add-ons so it might not be very noticeable on a stock truck.

I have one on my 08, all I can say from my own experience is:

She's quicker off the line

Gas mileage is about the same (because I drive fast)

I can hear it when I step on the gas (hoping other drivers can too)

It's not going to give you 50 extra HP or add 5 miles more per gallon. But if you want to add a little pep to your truck then this might be the way to go.

914282222_rBvaV-L.jpg

After getting a tune with my CAI, I realized (and pretty much knew) they are pointless unless you have other things going on. Get a filter and a tube and call it a day. Even then, still not much gain from it. You will spend 3-4 hundred on in, just get a tune instead, more performance bang for buck.

So I scored a volant CAi used for 50 bucks shipped to me with 20k on it. My truck has been tuned by blackbear and just got my ecm back today from it being REtuned. I must say i love the way it sounds. But for 50 bucks and free RE tunes. I think I am going to start moding asap. Anyone have some setup's to suggest? I am thinking heads cam headders. Thanks guys.

Archived