6.2 Afm Engines

no it started in 2010. i have it in mine, at almost a year and 7k miles i have zero issues at this point (with fingers crossed). i'm thinking about turning the afm off (but the jackass in me wants to see just what might happn so i can come back on here and bitch about it lol).

I just looked at new 2011 Cadillac Escalades and they use the 6.2 liter AFM equipped engines in them. Oh joy. The same engine in the 1/2 ton trucks does not have the AFM - yet.

Nothing new there. The SUVs have a different 6.2L engine.

You can expect AFM on all LD vehicles in the future so the MFR's can meet the new CAFE requirements starting in 2012.

Not all. Some manufacturers are beginning to use smaller displacement, higher output engines and possibly turbocharging to get there. Which is more acceptable to me. For example, Ford is now using a smaller (3.5 liter ?)V6 in their half ton full size trucks as a standard engine. If GM elects to install the AFM on every pickup engine, I will take my business elsewhere in the future.

And maybe behemonths like the Escalade will disappear altogether? Maybe a slightly smaller vehicle will replace it?

Ford is doing the uni body already. How often do you see a travel trailor anymore behind a Suburban or Tahoe? Now people buy a CC to tow with.

A uni-body suburban or tahoe would be pathetic!

See them all the time, if people want a uni-body suv they can buy an acadia or equinox. Ford is retarded, GM does not have to follow in their footsteps.

I just looked at new 2011 Cadillac Escalades and they use the 6.2 liter AFM equipped engines in them. Oh joy. The same engine in the 1/2 ton trucks does not have the AFM - yet.

Nothing new there. The SUVs have a different 6.2L engine.

no, not really. Same HP/TQ, compression, displacement, etc. just the added hardware for AFM. L92 yours vs L94 mine

GM must do this the reduce weight and pass the federal CAFE requirements.

Ford is doing the uni body already. How often do you see a travel trailer anymore behind a Suburban or Tahoe? Now people buy a CC to tow with.

A uni-body suburban or tahoe would be pathetic!

See them all the time, if people want a uni-body suv they can buy an acadia or equinox. Ford is retarded, GM does not have to follow in their footsteps.

Archived