Dual Battery Setup

I have been looking at several forum posts and internet sites trying to find a dual battery setup that will work for my situation, but am having trouble figuring out which one to get. I guess isolators wont work with my truck so Im lookin at a battery separator. I have a NBS 07 Sierra 2500 6.0L. Im looking for a dual battery setup that can be charged via alternator and separate from the main starting battery but can be switched over and used to start the truck if my main battery is drained. I dont have any accessories I use just would like a second battery for starting purposes only. Which system would be best? What has brought this on is, since I have owned my truck, on two occasions I have went out to my truck to go to work and found the truck flat dead. No lights nothin. I have read of battery drain issues and the dealer cant find anything wrong. So Im looking at a second battery option.

If you dont have any accessories i dont see the point in getting an extra battery... If anything replace the underpowered oem battery with an odyssey :(

Since i put mine in, its nothing but pure power for my accesories! If you are just running your truck with it, it will be overkill but you will never have to worry about killing it!

If you dont have any accessories i dont see the point in getting an extra battery... If anything replace the underpowered oem battery with an odyssey :(

Since i put mine in, its nothing but pure power for my accesories! If you are just running your truck with it, it will be overkill but you will never have to worry about killing it!

I was going to run my lights and 12V fans off of it from my camper shell (off the second battery)

Im looking for a way to "self-jump-start". The best system I found so far looks like the Hellroaring BIC-95300B but its pricy. Id be looking at 350-400 by the time its all said and done.

Um, yeah, that what this system does... look at the animation. When cranking, both batteries are used. when charging, both batteries are charged. when discharging, battery "b" (aux battery) is usually discharged unless you simply hook up all of the electronics to battery "a" (primary battery) and never put a load on battery "b" (aux battery).

http://www.perfectswitch.com/power-gate/ba...ifier-isolator/

price for that is $300 last time I checked.

Good point. Those are good batteries. Far better than the stocker. The only reason Im thinking dual batteries is because of the battery drain issue ive been experiencing and others have to. My dealer cant figure out what is causing it.

Archived