High Beam Indicator Light Is Too Bright

I have a niggling complaint, somewhat related, but a little off topic. For some reason, the dashboard dimmer dial does not dim the light on the dashboard panel beyond a specified amount. It is unclear to me why I cannot dim the dash lights further. Is this commonplace in GMT 900s, or is my situation unique?

Sorry to resurrect and old topic but did you ever get an answer to this? I find the same thing in my '09.

What do you drive around with the High beams on all the time? Every High Beam I have ever seen has been a blue indicator light. The window tint sounds like a fix if it bothers you that much.

When I'm driving the back roads of Kansas for 4 hours I do have my high beams on most of the time. The deer are sneaky little critters!

Yes, the high beam indicator is blue and very, very bright. I can't dim my dash lights dim enough for the back roads either and the high beam indicator light doesn't dim with the dimmer.

I read a post on another board where a guy took apart his instrument cluster and put a piece of blue electrical tape over the indicator (from "behind" the cluster) and it helped. I think I may do that and also put tint over the entire cluster.

When I'm driving the back roads of Kansas for 4 hours I do have my high beams on most of the time. The deer are sneaky little critters!

Yes, the high beam indicator is blue and very, very bright. I can't dim my dash lights dim enough for the back roads either and the high beam indicator light doesn't dim with the dimmer.

I read a post on another board where a guy took apart his instrument cluster and put a piece of blue electrical tape over the indicator (from "behind" the cluster) and it helped. I think I may do that and also put tint over the entire cluster.

:rollin:

What are you out dumping bodies in the woods? 4 hrs? I didn't know Kansas was that big! :cheers:

Guys, there is a TSB for this. No need to hack anything up. Just go to the dealer and have them re-flash the IPC. You'll probably have to pay for it but at least it's being fixed the right way.

I have a niggling complaint, somewhat related, but a little off topic. For some reason, the dashboard dimmer dial does not dim the light on the dashboard panel beyond a specified amount. It is unclear to me why I cannot dim the dash lights further. Is this commonplace in GMT 900s, or is my situation unique?

Sorry to resurrect and old topic but did you ever get an answer to this? I find the same thing in my '09.

The 07+ trucks don't dim all the way or even close. No idea why but it does bug me too when I'm driving in areas with no streetlights.

And blue retains night vision better than others which is why they are used on submarines.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_purp..._in_a_submarine

Hmmm, I always thought that red lights retained night vision better. Isnt that why the military uses little red flashlights to read maps and stuff?

Not any more....

http://www.equipped.com/nitevision.htm

Archived