Resale Value - Gm Or Ford?

Gents (and ladies),

Who has the highest resale value? From what I have seen online - Ford F-150's seems priced a little higher for the same mileage and year compared to equivalent Sierra's/Silverado's.........anyone else notice this??

Cheers

I thought GM trucks held their value until I recently wanted to trade in my 2006 2500HD ext cab LT2 4wd truck w/ 37K. The dealer only wanted to gve me $15K for it. The truck is in perfect condition with brand new Michelin tires, topper, line-x bedliner and alot of options. I planned to keep it for a long time but kids and the need for more interior room change things.

I noticed the exact opposite when I was shopping for a truck, expecially deisle.

Gents (and ladies),

Who has the highest resale value? From what I have seen online - Ford F-150's seems priced a little higher for the same mileage and year compared to equivalent Sierra's/Silverado's.........anyone else notice this??

Cheers

it depends on your area... im my area there is a shortage of new and used duramaxes.. a lot of people have them but they are hard to find around me... and if you do find one... its gonna cost you an arm and a leg

GM trucks hold value very well, but that won't stop a dealer from trying to rip you off. Depreciation is very much dependent on "what you paid" vs "what you sell for". You have more control over that than the dealer would like you to believe.

I got $25,500 out of my 07 GMC Vmax Crewcab in November. :confused:

I think GM trucks hold their value pretty well. My last truck brought top dollar too. I also believe pricing can be a regional thing too.

I buy cars for a living. I see a lot of auctions. There does not appear to be any difference in the overall sales figures for Ford and Chevy. It all depends on the truck and how it is equipped, mileage, etc. Tow similarly equipped trucks will sell for very similar money.

I think it has a lot to do with the area. Around here an F150 will hold it's value really well, but an F250 etc will not compared to it's Chevy counterpart. Wanna buy a used DMAX in my area? Be prepared to give your butt for it, those things cannot be had for cheap. Regardless of the mileage. In my area the trucks that hold value well are: F150's, Silverado's (Especially DMAX trucks) and Tacomas. There was an ad in the local AutoTrader last week that had a nearly loaded (Leather, 5.7, sliding back glass, backup camera, etc) 08 Tundra 4x4 with less than 50K miles for $17,900. Unless it was a lemon, I see no reason that it should go for that.

Archived