2007 Silverado Windshield Replacement And Now Rainsense Doesn't Wo

We change these windshields in our shop all the time and its important to

make sure there is no aftermarket glass coating applied to the sensor area.

Some people put products like Aquapal or rainx on the entire glass area and this

can effect the rain sensor.

But if it worked with the old windshield take it back and have the shop

fix it, we check each one that comes into our shop by spraying water on it

before we start working .

Thanks to advise on another thread I just unplugged the sensor. Now the intermittent wipers work normally.

Once the weather is a bit better here in the Great White North I'll spend a bit of time trying to trouble shoot the sensor to see if I can get it to work. I have the feature on my BMW 5 series and it works great so we will see.

If I find anything out I will pass it on.

Cheers, Scott

• 7 months later...

My dealer told me that the wrong windshield was installed hence why the wipers dont sense. They are changing it out on their dime, but I want to leave it till spring when the gravel is off the road. No sense changing a new one with another during winter. Thanks for the tip on disconnection, intermittent works again yay.

I have it on mine. can't BELIEVE the cost listed above.. praying I dont have to replace the windshield anytime. Its probably why they DISCONTINUED the RainSense wipers on later models after '09.

• 1 year later...

I know these threads happened a long time ago but I just ran into this problem and I hope this helps someone out there. On the aftermarket windshield, the rain sensor bracket adhesive glue runs to the inside of the bracket. It blocks the sensor pad from contacting the windshield fully. Just scrape it out with a long knife and replace the sensor. John.

I know these threads happened a long time ago but I just ran into this problem and I hope this helps someone out there. On the aftermarket windshield, the rain sensor bracket adhesive glue runs to the inside of the bracket. It blocks the sensor pad from contacting the windshield fully. Just scrape it out with a long knife and replace the sensor. John.

Thanks for posting that up John, I'm sure that will be helpful to someone....and welcome to the site! :cheers:

Archived